This job posting has expired
Technical Product Analyst (Business Analyst)
Location : Vancouver, BC
Headquarters : London
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Experience : Mid Level
Opening up a world of opportunity.
We're a financial services organization serving more than 40 million customers across the globe through our Wealth & Personal Banking, Commercial Banking and Global Banking & Markets businesses.
We’re here to use our unique expertise, capabilities, breadth and perspectives to open up a world of new opportunities for our customers, our people and our communities.
HSBC Global Services Canada Limited (HGCA), is a subsidiary of HSBC Global Services Limited, owned by HSBC Holdings plc. HGCA provides operational services to countries across the HSBC Group which is the largest and leading international bank in the Canada.
We help companies and individuals across Canada to manage their finances through three global business lines: Commercial Banking, Global Banking and Markets, and Wealth and Personal Banking.
It’s this global connectivity that you will find yourself inspired and collaborating with colleagues not just locally but also across continents and cultures.
Business Area Overview:
Compliance IT are responsible for the design, build and ongoing maintenance of the systems that are used for the management of Financial Crime Risk, Conduct Risk and Regulatory reporting for all of the business areas and jurisdictions where HSBC operates.
Working closely with the Compliance Officers, Risk Stewards and Control Owners of the Bank, Compliance IT supports the automated detection and reporting of activities that may be in breach of regulation or outside of the Bank’s risk appetite .
Compliance IT is one of the sub-functions of Enterprise Technology to foster collaboration. Enterprise Technology work across business and technology in implementing solutions to create cost, efficiency and effectiveness improvements to the Bank. Amongst many of those Canadian regulatory and compliance initiatives, Enterprise Technology oversee the ongoing successful delivery of FINTRAC compliance, Common Reporting Standard & Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act reporting, Office of the Superintendent of Financial Institutions reporting, Canadian Deposit Insurance Corporation filing, Basel 3 compliance .
Key Objectives for Technical Product Analyst:
This role is responsible for providing expertise as a business analyst to capture requirements for compliance, finance, risk and regulatory reporting systems.
The role is responsible for the creation and management of epics, user stories, backlog management, test management and prioritisation across teams towards achieving successful delivery of programmes.
The role will be accountable for the delivery, governance and reporting to stakeholders. Keeping them informed of progress, managing and escalating risks and issues and tracking the progress in terms of delivery and benefits realisation.
- Capturing, analysing and documenting of business process, functional and non-functional requirements into Epics and User Stories, that can be delivered by Technology teams via respective backlogs
- Accountable for ensuring compliance of the products and services with mandatory and regulatory requirements, control objectives in the risk and control framework
- Accountable with Product lead to review requirements from a testability perspective and formulate the testing strategy.
- Manage change activities which can include diverse tasks such as timeline planning, resource engagement, financial reporting to stakeholder management
- Manage negotiation with and management of, and service agreement monitoring of third party contracts with Technology suppliers
- Work across business and technology to establish effective controls, procedures and quality assurance processes
- Work with product owner & team to ensure that service levels are maintained and improved
- Managing, monitoring and reporting progress, issues, dependencies and risks to project or programme leadership and committees and making recommendations to influence decision making, in order to maintain progress towards delivery and benefits realisation
- 5+ years of experience in gathering business requirements and conducting design activity, with a mix of business, operations and technology focused projects
- 3+ years of experience in HUB Core Banking with domain knowledge on lending, deposits, finance, risk and compliance
- Proven track record as an outstanding analyst, consultant and/or project manager to drive decisions to conclusion across multiple stakeholders in a matrix organisation through strong influencing skills
- Strong technical capability on analysing system process flows and critical data, including those from upstream and downstream systems
- Proven experience working on projects that are Agile/Scrum and working with Jira + Confluence
- Proven ability to multi-task and support a multitude of projects in parallel
- Knowledge on OSFI reporting, Basel reporting, CDIC reporting, FINTRAC reporting, CRS/FATCA reporting, Tax reporting, RWA calculation, financial reporting
- Experience of outsourced technology and service provision, including Public Cloud
- Professional team-player with exceptional attention to detail and excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Strong business consultative and problem solving skills, being able to break down big complex problems and present solutions
- Highly energetic and resilient individual capable of managing significant Programme budgets to quality, time and scope
- In depth project and change management skills. Can articulate, champion and demonstrate the value of change projects, with a focus on technology and innovation
- Strong understanding of DevOps and how to deliver programmes across a globally organization
- Outstanding understanding of HSBC Group structures, processes and objectives
- Bachelors’ degree in Finance, Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration or another relevant field
- Certified Agile Business Analyst (AgileBA), Agile Scrum Product Owner (CSPO), ScrumMaster (CSM®), Project Management Professional (PMP®) or another relevant credentials