This job posting has expired
Location : Calgary, AB
Headquarters : Calgary, Canada
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Experience : Mid Level
Employee Type:Regular-Full time
Union/Non:This is a non-union position
Life takes energy. The Enbridge Technology + Innovation Lab works with data that powers our products to improve safety and reliability. By working hands-on with ground-breaking technology, the lab pioneers the development of innovative products through small agile teams. Our teams incorporate a variety of multidisciplinary skills, including industrial predictive algorithms, machine learning, and sentiment analysis.
As a Data Engineer, you’ll help ingest, transform and store clean and enriched data in ready for business intelligence consumption.
Who you are
- You’ll have experience in a Data Engineer role (5+ years), with a Graduate degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field
- You build and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture.
- You assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- You identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, data quality checks, minimize Cloud cost, etc.
- You build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL, Data Bricks, No-SQL
- You build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
- You document and communicate standard methods and tools used.
- You work with other data engineers, data ingestion specialists, and experts across the company to consolidate methods and tool standards where practical.
- You’re experienced using the following software/tools:
- Big data tools: Hadoop, HDI, & Spark
- Relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including COSMOS
- Data pipeline and workflow management tools: DataBricks (Spark), ADF, Dataflow
- Microsoft Azure
- Stream-processing systems: Storm, Streaming-Analytics, IoT Hub, Event Hub
- Object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Scala, SQL
- You’ll work independently on complex data engineering problems to support data science strategy of products
- You’ll use broad and deep technical knowledge in the data engineering space to tackle complex data problems for product teams, with a core focus on using technical expertise
- You’ll improve the data availability by acting as a liaison between Lab teams and source systems
- You’ll collect, blend, and transform data using ETL tools, database management system tools, and code development
- You’ll implement data models and structures data in ready-for business consumption formats
- You’ll aggregate data across various warehousing models (e.g. OLAP cubes, star schemas, etc.) for BI purposes
- You’ll collaborate with business teams and understand how data needs to be structured for consumption
We build advanced technology products to deliver energy in a safe and reliable way to fuel a rapidly innovating world. Here in our new Technology + Innovation Lab we believe in Agile way of working, focus on our people and value craftsmanship, in a ‘work is play’ environment where we offer a flexible, fun, and modern working style to support individual needs.
Apply now to start a career with unlimited potential!
Diversity and inclusion are important to us. Enbridge is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer . We are committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to age, race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, veteran status, Indigenous/Native American status, or disability. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats, communication supports, or other accessibility assistance by contacting email@example.com .
Information For Applicants:
- Applications can be submitted via our online recruiting system only.
- We appreciate your interest in working with us; however, only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
- Final candidates for this position may be required to undergo a security screening, including a criminal records check.
To learn more about us, visit www.enbridge.com