This job posting has expired
Location : Bengaluru, Karnataka
Headquarters : Deerfield, Illinois, United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Embedded Software Engineer
Experience : Senior Level
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You'll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter's products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives—where your purpose accelerates our mission.
Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-centre dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company’s global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter’s employees worldwide are building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
We believe every person deserves a chance for a healthy life, free from illness and full of possibility. We see a world full of healing, with viable care options available to those with limited choices today. We envision new ways of providing physicians, pharmacists and nurses with technologies that not only treat chronic diseases, but also work to prevent them. We’re looking for team members who are motivated to learn, grow and innovate, while making a meaningful difference for millions of people around the world.
Learn more about how Baxter is At the Intersection of Saving and Sustaining Lives.
- Job Title : Sr Eng, Software
- Location : Whitefield, Bangalore
- Shift : General
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the design of a module/project, makes design choices for new product development, sustenance activities, field issue resolution etc.
- Responsible for analyzing and understanding the requirements.
- Identifies key module/product level technical risks and assists project manager in developing mitigation and recovery plan
- Review work products and ensure the quality of deliverables
- Provides input to the test strategies at a product level
- Provides guidance to development and test teams with respect to overall design and development.
- Demonstrate the ability work with team members.
- Applies principles of SDLC and methodologies like Lean/Agile/XP, CI, Software and Product Security, Scalability, Documentation Practices, refactoring and testing techniques.
- Participates in continuous improvement activities by identifying and appropriately escalating process and product quality gaps.
Qualifications / Experience and/or Background
- 6 to 8 years of experience in software design and implementation for Embedded systems
- Strong Object-Oriented development and design knowledge and experience
- Strong experience in C and C++
- Broad understanding of technology & software development principles:
Analysis and Design: Object oriented architecture, Design Patterns
Programming: C, C++, Python, C# etc
Development and Continuous Integration: Visual Studio/Eclipse, SVN, Git, Gerrit, Jenkins, BitBucket, Jira etc.
OS: Embedded Linux, VxWorks etc.
- Experience in working in project teams, involving SW architects, SW engineers.
- Demonstrated success in delivering results on technical challenges.
- Experience in Healthcare domain is a plus
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.