This job posting has expired
Application Engineer, Sr I
Location : Bengaluru, Karnataka
Headquarters : Mountain View, California, United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Experience : Mid Level
Job Description and Requirements
Our Silicon IP business is all about integrating more capabilities into an SoC—faster. We offer the world’s broadest portfolio of silicon IP—predesigned blocks of logic, memory, interfaces, analog, security, and embedded processors. All to help customers integrate more capabilities. Meet unique performance, power, and size requirements of their target applications. And get differentiated products to market quickly with reduced risk.
This position requires a highly motivated and experienced individual to work with Synopsys’ customers on integrating leading edge Interface IP (IIP) into their ASIC SoC/systems for next generation products. IIP include PCIe4/5, USB3/3.1/3.2/4, DDR/LPDDR4/4x/5, Ethernet 1G~800G, HDMI2.x, MIPI DPHY/MPHY and high speed SerDes up to 112G.
The position offers opportunities to work on Synopsys IIP and the latest industry specifications/applications on various hot market segments. The position will provide IIP integration guidance to customers throughout their SoC flow to resolve technical challenges, perform integration reviews at key milestones and support silicon/system bring-up. Some travels will be required.
- Understand IIP applications on customer specific SoC and systems
- Keep abreast of the latest ASIC/SoC design flows and EDA tools
- Provide expert advice and support to configure and resolve IIP integration challenges including simulation, synthesis, floorplan, STA, DFT, silicon bring-up, etc.
- Provide integration training and recommendation to customers
- Conduct integration reviews on customers’ major SoC milestones
- Provide feedback to Synopsys R&D for continuous IIP product improvements
- Provide pre-sale support on IIP evaluations and support conference demos
- Participate in R&D design reviews to align development with future customer needs
- Collaborate with R&D to produce application notes on advance topics
- Bachelors and/or Masters Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering Computer Science, or related fields
- Typically requires at least 3 years of design, verification, or applications experience
- Design or verification experience with RTL coding in Verilog
- Hands-on experience on simulation, synthesis, STA and LEC
- Experienced with UNIX or Linux
- Creative and results oriented with the ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Work well with others and ability to interact with customers
- Attention to detail and high degree of self-motivation
- Strong analytical, reasoning, and problem-solving skills
- Occasional travel
- Experience with scripting languages (Tcl, Perl, Python, etc.)
- Silicon debug and FPGA/hardware troubleshooting skills.
- Experienced with ASIC/SoC tape-out from concept to full production.
- Domain knowledge in Ethernet or similar (PCIe, USB, etc.) protocols are highly desirable
- Experience on CDC, RDC, Lint, DFT, STA, and LEC will be a plus