This job posting has expired
Location : Washington, DC
Headquarters : United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Experience : Mid Level
Are you excited at the prospect of unlocking the secrets held by a data set? Are you fascinated by the possibilities presented by the IoT, machine learning, and artificial intelligence advances? In an increasingly connected world, massive amounts of structured and unstructured data open up new opportunities. As a data scientist, you can turn these complex data sets into useful information to solve global challenges. Across private and public sectors — from fraud detection to cancer research, to national intelligence — you know the answers are in the data.
We have an opportunity for you to use your analytical skills to improve strategic innovation for the federal government. You’ll work closely with your customer to understand their questions and needs, and then dig into their data-rich environment to find the pieces of their information puzzle. You’ll mentor teammates, develop algorithms, write scripts, build predictive analytics, apply machine learning, and use the right combination of tools and frameworks to turn that set of disparate data points into objective answers to help federal health organizations make informed decisions. You’ll provide your customer with a deep understanding of their data, what it all means, and how they can use it. Join us as we use data science for good in the federal government.
Empower change with us.
- 1+ years of experience with machine learning or data science
- Experience with scripting languages, including Python, R, SQL and packages used in machine learning applications or advanced data analytics
- Experience with developing, deploying, and monitoring production ML models
- Experience as a member of an engineering team
- Experience with deploying solutions on a cloud platform such as AWS or Azure
- Ability to articulate workflows and explain technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- BA or BS degree
Nice If You Have:
- Experience with using Databricks and Apache Spark
- Knowledge of commercial Cloud services used by the IC
- Ability to execute projects and tasks with minimal guidance and supervision
- MA or MS degree in CS, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Data Analytics, or a related technical field
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
We’re an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.