Software Engineer – Embedded Development
Location : Bengaluru, Karnataka
Headquarters : India
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Embedded Software Engineer
Experience : Mid Level
The position of Software Engineer – Embedded Development will be part of R&D Software Development with the primary responsibility to design laboratory software system's embedded software. We are seeking a Senior Software/Firmware Engineer with hands-on C/C++ programming skills and systems engineering experience. This person will be responsible to design, develop, troubleshoot, and debug embedded software programs for laboratory systems.
- Develop, design, and implement embedded applications.
- Prepares appropriate documentation as required by internal product development processes and regulatory agencies such as FDA and ISO.
- Write technical specifications for interfaces and testing.
- Design and develop medical device software products with extensive knowledge of technical principles, theories, and concepts in the Software Development field.
- Conducts and participates in the design, code, and test reviews and inspections, ensuring application of software engineering best practices, as well as the feasibility, efficacy, and compliance to functional and regulatory standards.
- Works closely with the software team, the software verification team, the functional manager, and the project manager.
- Collaborates with distributed, cross-functional teams to ensure products meet quality, performance, scalability, reliability, and schedule goals.
- Investigates software, hardware, and system problems using a variety of techniques and provides innovative solutions.
- Conduct and participate in reviews and inspections for all elements in the software lifecycle to ensure that our software quality and customer satisfaction goals are achieved.
- Bachelor's degree in Software or Electronics related Engineering discipline or related field with 6+ years of experience.
- Experience designing and developing embedded solutions.
- Proficient in programming languages - C, C++.
- Ability to understand the electrical schematics and work closely with the electrical team.
- Experience with Real-Time Operating Systems.
- Experience writing/interfacing with device drivers.
- Experience with CAN, TCP/IP, RS232 communication protocols
- Experience in Agile development processes and philosophies.
- History of driving project execution and timely delivery while ensuring a quality focus.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, and often ambiguous environment where continuous improvement is a way of life.
- Excellent teaming skills to work with cross-functional and in a multi-site software team.
- Experience with In Vitro Diagnostic domain is a plus.
- Experience with OOA/OOD development methodologies and design patterns a plus.
- Understanding software development processes for a regulated environment (ISO9000/FDA) a plus.
- Experience in medical device design & development a plus.