Senior Engineer- Sustainability
Location : Hadapsar, Pune, Maharashtra
Headquarters : Ireland
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Systems Engineer
Experience : Senior Level
If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun. We are looking forward to Senior Engineer- Sustainability in Eaton’s business, based in Pune, India. In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.
This exciting role offers opportunity to:
- Mentors and guides a junior team of engineers to provide both local product development and engineering services to the Global engineering needs in the field of eco-design and DfE.
- Understand customer requirements and communicate them to other Eaton teams, and act as the liaison for program activities as appropriate.
- Lead Design-For-Environment activities in PROLaunch environment for runner and minor repeater projects
- Conducting environment impact assessments (e.g. Screening LCA using eco-design tools).
- Work with Lead Engineer to prepare guidance for the reduction and elimination of high-impact materials.
- Review technical aspects of projects including DfE Specifications and implementation
- Champions continuous process improvements to support the Eaton Business System; CI, Employee Survey, DfX & Agile PROLaunch , Agile Start
- Interact with key customers/stakeholders in understanding current & upcoming sustainability trends and their relevance to our products.
- Monitors progress and achievements on projects. Provide regular reports on development and support activities
- Bachelor’s with 5-7 years’ experience / Masters with 3-5 years’/ PHD with 1 to 2 years of experience in LCA, eco-design or Sustainability Domain
- Degree in mechanical- or electrical- Civil- engineering with a focus on energy efficiency and eco-design. Alternatively, degree in science (e.g. chemical engineering, chemistry, physics)
- Minimum 5+ years of related experience in LCA, eco-design and energy efficiency
- ACLCA certified professional or BEE and ISO 14044:2006
- Experience in working with Global LCA network, sustainable/eco-label certification schemes and EPD associations with proven track record in Sustainability Reporting.
- Experience in leading projects with multiple stakeholders in matrix organization and strong project management experience is required.
- Advance MS Excel, VBA or good knowledge of programming skills/machine learning tools like Python.
- Exceptionally strong technical knowledge in the field of eco-design/sustainability
- Knowledge of regional and country product-related eco-design requirements.
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
Job tag: #LI-SD1
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time