Embedded Software Engineer
Location : Bengaluru, Karnataka
Headquarters : Berwyn, Pennsylvania, United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Embedded Software Engineer
Experience : Mid Level
AMETEK is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: AME) and a component of the S&P 500.
The Instrumentation Systems business unit consists of two product lines: National Controls Corporation (NCC) and Vehicular Instrumentation Systems (VIS).
NCC specializes in electronic controls for commercial kitchens and industrial facilities.
VIS provides global solutions for rugged instrumentation, driver information displays, graphics displays and message centers for On and Off-road heavy vehicles.
We are dedicated to being a world class manufacturing and engineering organization that provides cutting edge instrumentation technology to the construction, heavy truck, and food service industries.
New Year! New Career Opportunity! Are you a Linux expert, do you have GUI experience? Consider joining our engineering team in our Vehicular Instrumentation Systems Business Unit in our Grand Junction, Colorado location in the role of Sr. Software Engineer.
This unique city on the western side of the Rocky Mountains offers great outdoor opportunities year-round including mountain biking, hiking, fishing and skiing. You will also find plenty of restaurants, wineries, and opportunities to soak up in arts and culture attractions in the downtown area.
In this role, you will be instrumental in the design and development of real-time embedded systems for a wide range of new and existing instrumentation and control products.
You will participate in all phases of the product development life cycle (requirements analysis, work estimates, software architecture/system design, high level design, detailed design, coding, unit test, integration, system level test, and maintenance).
You will have an opportunity to interact with customers and consult with other cross-functional engineering staff (electrical, mechanical, test) to evaluate interfaces between hardware and software, and operational performance requirements of the overall system.
You will have direct impact on the success of our IS product line by fulfilling key responsibilities of this role:
- Requirements capture – work with customer and product team to establish and document product requirements
- GUI development – Based on customer requirements and using VAPs or similar graphics tools and C++
- Embedded Linux driver / kernel development
- Software testing
- Hardware design input. Participate in the hardware and embedded system design of new products. Ensuring the requirements of the customer are realized in the product.
Salary from $90,000 plus, based on experience
Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision, and disability insurance; 401K company match and tuition reimbursement program.
Degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or Electrical Engineering with emphasis on software systems.
- Skilled in the use of the C language with embedded experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Strong analytic and math skills.
- Ability to use basic test equipment (oscilloscope, DMM, logic analyzer, etc.).
- Ability to read & understand schematics.
- Ability to work well across cultures
- Ability to work multiple projects, prioritize, and meet deadlines in a dynamic, quality-oriented environment.
- NXP family of processors and automotive controllers, especially IMX6 and IMX 8
- CAN communications with focus on J1939/ISO 11898
- BSP customization experience
- Cross-platform development build tools (Yocto, Buildroot, Eclipse)
- Boot loader(u-boot)
- Device Trees.
- Linux Driver development experience on common bus protocols like
- I2C, SPI, MDIO, UART, Ethernet
- Good understanding of Cameras, Image Processing, audio\video decoders and LCD controller with embedded Linux
- Previous experience with Automotive Clusters and Infotainment Systems will be a plus
- “Need to know” - why and how things work
- Enjoy working in a team environment
- Enjoy both working with people as well as hardware and software
- Desire to be the “Go To” person on how things work
- Ability to understand the customer, as well as the product
- Ability to travel to work with product teams