Sr Lead QA engineer
Location : Chennai, Tamil Nadu
Headquarters : Stockholm, Sweden
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Testing/QA Engineer
Experience : Senior Level
Application due 2021-05-31
- Engineering & Science
- Mid-senior level
- Chennai, India
About HID Global
HID Global powers the trusted identities of the world’s people, places and things. We make it possible for people to transact safely, work productively and travel freely. Our trusted identity solutions give people secure and convenient access to physical and digital places and connect things that can be accurately identified, verified and tracked digitally. Millions of people around the world use HID products and services to navigate their everyday lives, and over 2 billion things are connected through HID technology. We work with governments, educational institutions, hospitals, financial institutions, industrial businesses and some of the most innovative companies on the planet. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, HID Global has over 3,000 employees worldwide and operates international offices that support more than 100 countries. HID Global® is an ASSA ABLOY Group brand.
HID Global has is the trusted source for secure identity solutions for millions of customers and users around the world. In India, we have two Engineering Centre (Bangalore and Chennai) over 200+ Engineering Staff. Global Engineering Team is based in Chennai and one of the Business Unit Engineering team is based in Bangalore.
Are You Ready to Join the HID Bluvision Engineering Team?
The QA Engineer is expected to validate product quality by performing manual and automated functional tests. QA Engineers will be embedded with development team and automate test cases in parallel to developer user stories.
- Participate in daily stand-up meetings to assess current status and plan the day’s activities
- Provide input on User Story creation from the testing perspective
- Drive automation to the maximum
- Create Test Plans, Test Scripts, Test Cases and Test Data
- Record test results (open new tickets, close existing tickets)
- Attend design meetings with Developers, Test Automation Engineers and Architects and provide perspective to improve testability
- Triage issues reported in the field by attempting to recreate in local test environment
- Learn test automation strategies from team members
- Install, configure and operate the product in test and production environments
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to write meaningful test cases, execute test cases and record results
- Knowledge of testing methodologies and how to apply them (white box, equivalence class partitioning, pairwise, state transition, boundary value, decision table)
- Experience with at least one test Test Case Management tool (TestRail, Zehpyr, EggPlant, TestLodge, etc)
- API testing with Postman kind of tools
- Frameworks – Appium, Selenium
- Experience testing cloud-based web applications and web services (REST)
- Solid knowledge and understanding of software development life cycle, software concepts, test methodologies and their application
- Strong backend testing experience is critical
- Experience in test automation
- Ability to adapt quickly to a complex environment and learn new concepts
- Experience in Agile software development environment preferred
- Understanding of Change and Release Management
- Undergraduate degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field required
- 9+ years of overall experience in Test/QA
- 2+ years of experience testing Mobile Applications – IOS, Andriod, React native
- REST API testing experience
- NoSQL data store experience
- Experience with Docker and Selenium
- Experience with Atlassian suite: Jira, Confluence, etc
- Experience with CI (Jenkins or Bamboo)
- Experience with product solutions that include a hardware component
- Experience with RF, Bluetooth, WIFI
- Experience with Cloud deployments: AWS, Google, Azure
- Travel and fieldwork, including international travel, may be required. Therefore, employee should have a valid passport.
We are the ASSA ABLOY Group
Our people have made us the global leader in access solutions. In return, we open doors for them wherever they go. With nearly 50,000 colleagues in more than 70 different countries, we help billions of people experience a more open world. Our innovations make all sorts of spaces – physical and virtual – safer, more secure, and easier to access.
As an employer, we value results – not titles, or backgrounds. We empower our people to build their career around their aspirations and our ambitions – supporting them with regular feedback, training, and development opportunities. Our colleagues think broadly about where they can make the most impact, and we encourage them to grow their role locally, regionally, or even internationally.
As we welcome new people on board, it’s important to us to have diverse, inclusive teams, and we value different perspectives and experiences.