Senior Software Engineer I
Location : Hollywood, CA 90028
Headquarters : Beverly Hills, California
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Developer
Experience : Senior Level
Software engineering – SENIOR Engineer I
Location: Hollywood, CA, USA
Division: Ticketmaster North America
Line Manager: Manager, Software
Contract Terms: Permanent, Full Time
Imagine millions of fans discovering events and selecting the best ticket options from an interactive seat map. As a member of the Checkout team, you'll help convert intent to purchase in a secure, efficient and consistent manner.
Ticketmaster is searching for highly skilled, curious and motivated software engineers to reinvent the fan experience. Our goal is to inspire fans to attend their favorite events by removing friction at every corner of the discovery and purchase process.
Behind the scenes you'll use the AWS serverless stack (lambdas and step functions) to securely orchestrate purchase steps including ticket reservation, delivery, ticket insurance, parking, and method of payment. On the front end you'll build responsive UI/UX to abstract away the complexities and keep fan excitement levels high. Your work will directly affect products used by millions every day and will have a material impact on our business.
What you will be doing
- Develop and maintain web applications and APIs using a modern tech stack
- Contribute to the entire development life cycle (requirements, design, development, testing, deployment, maintenance)
- Collaborate with product owners, project managers, business stakeholders and engineers
- Employ engineering best practices to code, security, performance and scalability
- Lead teams of engineers to deliver high priority projects on a quarterly basis
What you need to know(or Technical Skills/Competencies)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science
- 7+ years of relevant software engineering experience
- Experience creating and consuming REST or GraphQL APIs
- Experience with CI/CD tools such as Gitlab CI and Jenkins
- Experience building distributed scalable systems
- Experience with AWS serverless technologies (lambda, step function, dynamo DB, kinesis, S3)
You (Behavioral Skills/Competencies)
- Results-driven, highly motivated, and rigorous about using data to inform decisions
- Ability to learn quickly and independently
- Motivated by seeing your work have a measurable impact
- Ownership mindset: you build it, you ship it, you run it
Rock Solid Reliability – I earn the trust of clients, co-workers and fans; I set clear expectations; I deliver high quality work on time and on task; I take the time to do things right
Winning Teamwork – I collaborate with others; I share information openly; I listen and take time to empathise and understand where others are coming from; I show recognition and appreciation for the contributions of others
Act with Integrity – I am proud of the way I represent myself and the company to others; I act with good intentions; I have direct, honest conversations while creating a safe work environment for open dialogue; I represent information and data accurately and completely
We are passionate and committed to our people and go beyond the rhetoric of diversity and inclusion. You will be working in an inclusive environment and be encouraged to bring your whole self to work. We will do all that we can to help you successfully balance your work and homelife. As a growing business we will encourage you to develop your professional and personal aspirations, enjoy new experiences, and learn from the talented people you will be working with. It’s talent that matters to us and we encourage applications from people irrespective of their gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status or caring responsibilities.
We’re fans who help fans everywhere get into the live events they love. A proud division of Live Nation Entertainment, Ticketmaster has changed the way the world connects with their favourite artists, teams, and shows, and we continue to shape innovation every day. We’re not just selling tickets (though we do that better than anyone else), we’re enriching lives one amazing experience at a time. And we think that’s pretty amazing. If you’re passionate about the magic of live entertainment like we are, and you want to work at a company dedicated to helping millions of fans experience it, we want to hear from you.
We have a ‘Fan First’ mindset, placing customers at the heart of everything we do. Whether working behind the scenes or engaging directly with the ‘Fan’ you will be part of a culture that supports and enriches the fan experience. Your work, our passion… delivering world class experiences – Fan First.