Mid Level Software Engineer
Location : St. Louis, MO 63136
Headquarters : United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Developer
Experience : Mid Level
The Boeing Company is currently seeking a Mid-Level Software Engineer to join the Advanced Mission Systems Design Center (AMSDC) team located in St. Louis, Mo. This position will focus on supporting the Boeing Defense, Space & Security (BDS) business organization.
The Advanced Mission Systems Design Center (AMSDC) is a BDS business unit software factory that is all about rapidly innovating and deploying new solutions to the dynamic defense industry. We have a number of existing and growing software product families. Our teams embrace an Agile mindset allowing them to adjust and adapt to changing customer demands.
The AMSDC leverages the complex interconnection of digital threads between BDS's model and simulation environment and the platforms currently in service today, as well as future products. In addition our DevSecOps initiative lays the foundation to create a secure Continuous Development and Continuous Integration (CD\CI) pipeline to ensure safety, quality, and security, which are key tenants for our defense customers. These elements fully support AMSDC's mission and vision to "Rapidly innovate, develop, and deploy mission systems designs and software capabilities ensuring warfighter superiority".
We work in a casual but professional environment with multi-disciplined teams of scientists and engineers that take pride in developing, integrating, testing and delivering innovative solutions. There is long-term potential for career growth into technical leadership or management positions and we value the curiosity, tenacity and imagination our engineers bring to our teams each day.
- Work on a multi-skill agile development team that is responsible for requirements, design, development, testing and support of advanced mission systems software solutions.
- Work related to modeling, simulation and analysis of these products in representative environments.
- Develop software in support of the needs of our customers with a focus on developing new mission system capabilities for the warfighter
- Work with external customers, Boeing pilots and other senior subject matter experts across the enterprise to demonstrate capabilities, capture requirements, design details, and deliver game changing solutions
These are great development opportunities to learn and grow outside of the software domain and we encourage our engineers to gain depth in tactical and mission systems competencies so that we can continuously improve and build better solutions. Our DevSecOps culture encourages our team members to take pride in developing, integrating, testing and delivering innovative solutions.
Security Clearance and Export Control Requirements:
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship. Ability to obtain Secret US Security clearance (Post-Start).
Required Qualifications (Required Skills/ Experience):
- Ability to obtain Secret US Security clearance (Post-Start)
- Possess a Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, or other technical degree
- 3+ years’ experience in foundational CS knowledge and object-oriented design and software patterns
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- An active U.S. Security Clearance
- 5+ years of experience with C, C++, C#, Python, MatLab, or Linux
- 5+ years of experience with real-time software application development
- Experience working in Agile software development environment
- Experience with modern software development tools (e.g. Jira, Confluence, Jenkins, Git)
- Experience developing software requirements/test points and procedures
- Experience with using Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift, SonarCube is a plus
- Machine Learning or Artificial Intelligence (ML/AI) Experience/Exposure is a plus
- Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master +3 years' related work experience)
- In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required
Highly qualified candidates may be eligible for a signing bonus
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility
Referral to this job is eligible for bonus
Bonus amount: $2,000 US dollars (USD)
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies