Location : Bengaluru, Karnataka
Headquarters : Eindhoven, Netherlands
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Developer
Experience : Mid Level
- We are Signify, the new company name of Philips Lighting.
- We’re the world leader in lighting for professionals, consumers and for the Internet of Things. Our passion for sustainability makes us one of the top 10 greenest companies in the world.
- See #SignifyLife through the eyes of our employees!
- Working as a Senior Development Engineer in Research & Development Engineering at Signify is dynamic. You‘ll be a member of the product software development team and responsible for design, implementation, review and validation of software stacks that controls various IOT enabled Philips Hue products/systems that are used in Home environment (Indoor and Outdoor applications). The role offers several opportunities to work closely with colleagues in other R&D units in Netherlands, China and USA. Overseas travel opportunities exist to work with multisite teams. The role provides ample opportunities for professional growth and exposure to state of the art tools & technology. We’re greater together through peer learning in our globally diverse team, with different backgrounds and nationalities.
- We’re looking for a Senior Development Engineer who’ll be responsible for understanding of products’ functionality and apply the knowledge in the design/implementation/reviews/unit testing/integrated testing of the software that controls/realizes the intended functionality in the products/systems. The role is required to focus on Test Automation and continuous improvements to achieve operational efficiency and effectiveness in the execution scenarios.
- You’ll be part of the Signify Product Software R&D team of Business Hue Connected in Bangalore/India and its responsibilities are to develop and release the software functionality for various products of the business, so eagerness to learn, creativity/innovativeness, crisp communication, team player, taking proactive initiatives, focus on quality, timeliness, drive for continuous improvement must be in your DNA.
What you’ll do
- Work with the team in developing new products and features
- Have a strong focus on delivering good quality software in optimal time
- Work with the pre-development team to develop necessary prototypes to validate
- Review schematics of upcoming products and provide early feedback on design issues that affect the software development
- Demonstrate the ability to be an enabler for implementing optimal technical solutions and gating member to ensure quality in deliverables
What you’ll need
- Bachelor/Masters in Engineering (preferably in Electronics Engg) with 6 to 8 years of experience in Embedded applications development
- In depth knowledge of working with microcontrollers (16/32 bit)
- Strong programming capabilities in C
- Experience in Hardware Software Interface
- Awareness of hardware analog concepts, power electronics, ability to understand schematics
- Experience with software development tools, Static analysis tools, Configuration management tools & defect tracking tools
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies and a good understanding of the scrum Process
- Experience with Built-In-Quality practices like unit and integration testing of embedded C and TDD
- Behavioral Competencies: Team Player, Strong influencing skills, Accurate and dependable, Can work to deadlines, Strong communicator, Detail oriented, Ability to multitask
What you’ll get in return…
- Opportunity to work in one of the Great Places to Work organization in Bangalore/India
- Exposure to Philips Hue products/systems and related technology, State of the art software design/development/testing/verification methodologies
- You will be a Beta User for experiencing Philips Hue products and provide feedback
- Opportunities to work with globally distributed teams and need based overseas travel exposures
- Competitive salary commensurate with professional experience, capabilities and potential
- Access to extensive set of tools to drive your career, such as a personalized learning platform, free training and coaching
- Work life balance, participation in cultural activities
What we promise
- We’re committed to the continuous development of our employees, using our learning to shape the future of light and create a sustainable future. Join the undisputed leader in the lighting industry and be part of our diverse global team. #WeAreSignify #SignifyLife
- Please be informed that unless our vacancy explicitly references a third party recruitment agency, Signify does not engage with third-party agencies. Applications should be made directly to our career site.