Senior QA Engineer
Location : Pune, Maharashtra
Headquarters : Burlington, Massachusetts, United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Testing/QA Engineer
Experience : Mid Level
· As a QA subject matter expert (SME), document and track the test strategy.
· Test API which is created using Spring boot framework and deployed on Azure .
· Test mobile applications on iOS and Android which is connected to Infotainment system.
· Create and maintain Linux testing environments running on Kubernetes/Azure.
· Design, develop, automate, and maintain tests using Java, REST Assured, JMeter
· Build end to end tests to test the product as a whole
· Work in an agile environment with CI/CD
· Maintain and improve our test automation framework.
· Troubleshoot problems (root cause analysis) and report defects in JIRA.
· Participate to the technical aspects of the software solution through the full development lifecycle (including requirements, design, implementation, testing, documentation, maintenance, training and support ).
· Collaborate with stakeholders to define the best test strategies.
· Play an active role in daily scrums, weekly grooming sessions, etc.
· It will be good to have Automotive experience.
· Ready to work on Manual as well as automation
· Number of Years of Work Experience: 5-8 years software industry experience
· 1-2 years of combined experience in mobile (one of iOS or Android required)
Required Skills (Must / Primary Skill )
· Extensive experience working as a Software QA Engineer or equivalent position.
· Experience in building up QA Strategy for a new product .
· Setup and maintenance of test machines/systems.
· Experience working with databases (e.g.: MSSQL, PostgreSQL, etc.)
· Experience on API testing using Automation tools like Selenium, Appium for Mobile application.
· Experience to solve issues on embedded operation systems as Android or QNX, iOS, Linux,
· Experience and interest in web technologies (e.g., React JS, Node JS, Angular JS)
· Experience with Jenkins, Bamboo, or equivalent CI/CD
· Demonstrated ability to focus and complete tasks on time.
· Strong team player
· Show flexibility under changing conditions.
· Ability to analyze and solve complex problems quickly and creatively.
· Desire to learn new technologies.
· Excellent English oral and written communication skills
· Self-starting, self-motivated, self-directed, and self-sufficient
· Knowledge of Junit, HttpUnit, Fitnesse or other API testing tools.
· Programming languages knowledge: Java, python etc.
Preferred Skills (Good to have)
· Microsoft Azure Cloud knowledge
· Experience with client/server software architecture and SoA (Service-oriented Architecture)
· Experience with distributed systems programming (protocols: HTTP/REST, WebSockets, SOAP, gRPC)
· Experience in technology used to connect mobile device with infotainment or another consumer device.
· ISTQB certification
Bachelor University degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent.
Cerence Inc. (Nasdaq: CRNC and www.cerence.com ) is the global industry leader in creating unique, moving experiences for the automotive world. Spun out from Nuance in October 2019, Cerence is a new, independent company that has quickly gained traction as a leader in the automotive voice assistant space, working with all of the world’s leading automakers – from Ford and Fiat Chrysler to Daimler, Audi and BMW to Geely and SAIC – to transform how a car feels, responds and learns. Its track record is built on more than 20 years of industry experience and leadership and more than 325 million cars on the road today across more than 70 languages.
As Cerence looks to the future and continues an ambitious growth agenda, we need someone to join the team and help build the future of voice and AI in cars. This is an exciting opportunity to join Cerence’s passionate, dedicated, global team and be a part of meaningful innovation in a rapidly growing industry.
Equal opportunity Employeer
Cerence is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all federal, state and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, protected military or veteran status, genetic information and other protected classifications. Cerence Equal Employment Opportunity Policy Statement.
All prospective and current Employees need to remain vigilant when it comes to executing security policies in the workplace. This includes:
- Following workplace security protocols and training programs to familiarize with the ways to maintain a safe workplace.
- Following security procedures to report any suspicious activity.
- Having respect for corporate security procedures to allow those procedures to be effective.
- Adhering to company's compliance and regulations.
- Encouraging to follow a zero tolerance for workplace violence.