Senior software engineer
Location : Bengaluru, Karnataka
Headquarters : United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Developer
Experience : Senior Level
We are looking for a talented and motivated Senior Software Development Engineer to join our growing Network Security Platform team at McAfee’s India engineering center in Bengaluru.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. We help businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats, both at home and away. We want to continue to shape the future of cybersecurity by working together to build best in class products and solutions.
About the role :
- You will be part of an engineering SCRUM team that is responsible for the onprem/cloud-based services.
- The scope of the position may involve developing new services/features and managing existing functionalities.
- You will be expected to ramp up quickly and become a productive member of the assigned SCRUM team – relevant training and support will be provided during the ramp-up process.
- You will monitor your daily progress against the project's backlog and will actively participate in the project meetings.
- You will be responsible for assisting in the creation of project backlogs and estimating project tasks, and for inputting to discussion around the overall system design.
- You will be responsible for the overall system design, reviewing the design and code with other members of the team and actively drive the feature development.
About you :
- 6-8 years’ experience of expert programming in a C/C++/Linux environment
- Experience with embedded systems development on Linux OS
- Hands on with network protocols(TCP/IP, UDP, HTTP, SMTP), protocol stack development and troubleshooting.
- Data path and Security skills(SSL) would be a plus
- Strong understanding of Algorithms and data-structures
- Ability to work independently and with guidance when required from senior engineers within the team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. You can clearly communicate your needs, goals, and can explain your decisions articulately.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Team player with ability to technically lead small functional teams
- Commitment to learning and maintaining high software engineering standards.
- Commitment to continued learning and development.
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.