Location : Bengaluru, Karnataka
Headquarters : United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Developer
Experience : Mid Level
We're looking for talented UEFI engineers to deliver great customer experiences . As a UEFI engineer you will take customer outcomes to feature definition, platform selection, and code implementation delivering product designs that are optimized for high volume consumer products.
- Proven Embedded FW architecture skills showing a deep understanding of embedded systems, IO's, I2C/SPI and other interconnect buses
- Strong problem solving and debugging skills for modern-day multiprocessor systems (able to write/debug code, use HW level code debuggers and diagnostics tools)
- Ability to use hardware debugging tools such as logic analyzers, oscilloscopes, JTAG, Flash emulators, ICE, etc. during the firmware development process.
- Ability to comprehend board hardware schematics.
- Strong communication skills required, including the ability to clearly express technical concepts in verbal and written forms. Able to scale conversations from block diagrams to C-level code explanations.
- Must be able to plan work, and work to a plan adapting as necessary in a rapidly evolving environment.
- The ability to comprehend and assimilate technical concepts across multiple disciplines is a plus.
- Enthusiastic, motivated and self-driven.
- Some travel may be necessary.
- Minimum BS in Computer/Software Engineering or related field.
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience contributing to the embedded firmware development for products in the consumer PC or consumer electronics industry.
- C language development experience (Assembly, C++ and other higher level languages as well as host level application programming a plus)
- UEFI development experience
- ACPI development experience
- Python scripting experience
- Experience working with development partners in bringing high volume consumer electronics devices to the market.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.