Model Risk Measurement & Quantification
Location : New York, NY 10020
Headquarters : London
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Experience : Mid Level
As a Barclays Model Risk Measurement and Quantification you will be a part of the Model Risk Management (MRM) team that is responsible for the identification, assessment, monitoring and management of model risk. MRM covers both the independent validation of models and model governance and controls and is an independent team responsible for the framework design and end to-end assessment of model uncertainty.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We've helped millions of individuals and businesses thrive, creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. An important and growing presence in the USA, we offer careers providing endless opportunity.
- End-to-end management of the risk assessment process, designing risk assessment components, analyzing risk assessment results and compiling model risk reports
- Being responsible for portfolio model risk management across designated portfolios
- Being responsible for model inventory analysis and attribution of model outputs to key risk metrics
- Being responsible for identification of material model risk drivers at portfolio level, analysis of aggregate impact to key risk metrics from model uncertainties
- Having discussions with stakeholders to agree on overarching remediation plans, review and approval of management overlays and other compensating controls
- Designing model validation peer-review approach, managing the end-to-end process by utilizing other technical resources across designated scope
- Analyzing and reporting results of the review cycles, analyzing thematic issues and providing feedback to drive framework reengineering
- Masters or PhD in a quantitative subject such as Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, Economics, Finance
- Extensive experience in a quantitative role within risk management, finance, or consulting
- Exposure quantitative modelling (e.g. through model development, model validation, model use) with experience across different model types
- Problem solver and analytical thinker with the ability to design and deliver framework solutions
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to analyze quantitative information and draw conclusions
- Stakeholder management skills
Where will you be working?
You will be working at our Americas Headquarters at 745 Seventh Avenue. This 37-story office tower is located in Times Square in the heart of Manhattan and features a cafeteria, fitness center and state-of-the-art LED signage on the facade of the building.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. Where appropriate, and for UK based roles, we will consider requests that the role be based at alternative Barclays’ key UK location from that advertised.