Consultant - DLP -Data Protection | Remote USA
Location : REMOTE
Headquarters : Denver, Colorado, United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Consultant
Experience : Mid Level
- Network DLP
- Endpoint DLP
- Cloud-Native DLP (Azure, Google Cloud, and Amazon Web Services)
- Our consultants are skilled technical and consultative resources expected to be strong in both technical and soft skills. A Consultant must be a proven self-starter who can problem-solve, communicate, participate in diverse project teams from a technical perspective, and interface effectively with customers, vendor partners, and colleagues. Establish & maintain productive and respectful relationships with the delivery team, practice management, and client management team.
- You will actively contribute to improving operational efficiency on projects and internal initiatives. Deliver timely engagements and work closely with Practice Managers to drive training and education, career development, performance development, and collaboration across the team.
- In line with Optiv's commitment to quality, you will confirm that work is of the highest quality as per Optiv's quality standards by reviewing the work provided by other members.
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Able to solo deliver or act as "point" for complex technology implementation projects
- Acts as a technical escalation point to assist other consultants
- Understands the importance of a data protection strategy
- Able to talk to leaders in the client space about use cases, business needs, and data
- Ability to create appropriate documentation on design and best practices
- Lead in capacity planning and HW specification recommendation efforts.
- Lead in all Technology deployment activities, detection configuration, custom rule development, workflow configuration and development, and third-party system integration.
- Lead User Acceptance Testing and bug-related engineering efforts.
- Provide knowledge transfer and post-production support activities as necessary.
- Effective team communicator.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional associations
- Obtain and maintain top-tier vendor certification if required
- Complete administrative project tasks like time and expense entry, status reporting, and project completion reporting.
- Acts as a contributor in Optiv communities for solutions of focus
Qualifications for success: (Must Have):
- Expert knowledge of DLP technologies and experience installing and upgrading current and previous versions
- Experience in deploying or remediating Symantec, Forcepoint, Digital Guardian, or other DLP vendors
- Ability to design and install supported Data Loss Prevention (DLP) solutions in a wide range of customer environments.
- Experience with installation, configuration, and/or support of DLP products
- Experience implementing and managing a Data Protection program.
- Experience with Cloud-Native DLP (Azure, Google Cloud, and Amazon Web Services)
- Ability to see across the data landscape to provide additional recommendations to clients
- Design, implement and educate on specific technology build processes, code migration, and source control use.
- Ability to travel up to 75% of the time.
Qualifications for success: (Nice to have)
- Professional certifications
- Awareness of how Data Access Governance tools integrate with a data protection solution
- Workshop facilitation skills
- Forcepooint or Symantec DLP certifications
- A company committed to championing Diversity, Equality and Inclusion through Affinity groups including but not limited to, Women's Network, Optiv Pride, Black Employee Network, and Veterans Support Network.
- Work/life balance. We offer “Recharge” a flexible, time-off program that encourages eligible employees to take the time they need to recharge
- Professional training resources, including tuition reimbursement
- Creative problem-solving and the ability to tackle unique, complex projects
- Volunteer Opportunities. “Optiv Chips In” encourages employees to volunteer and engage with their teams and communities.
- The ability and technology necessary to productively work remote/from home (where applicable)