R&D Engineer Software
Location : Broomfield, CO
Headquarters : United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Experience : Mid Level
1. If you are a first time user, please create your candidate login account before you apply for a job. (Click Sign In > Create Account)
2. If you already have a Candidate Account, please Sign-In before you apply.
Principal CI/CD Engineer/System Team Engineer
We are seeking an experienced, motivated, passionate System Team Engineer to join our Rally Team. We emphasize collaborating with our Software Development teams, enabling them to deliver value as efficiently as possible by providing a completely customizable independent service stack on our GCP Kubernetes platform for Dev and Test.
What Might I be doing?
Collaborate with Software Engineers, Architects and the business to deliver to maintain the Rally Development and Test Environment
Provide technical leadership as the tip of the spear collaborating with Architecture, Product and Engineering to provide automated infrastructure for new features and capabilities
Pair with other engineers to promote skills enhancement and knowledge sharing
Collaborate with Operations teams to implement a single platform for Dev, Test and Production
What makes you a good fit?
You have skill and enthusiasm for crafting usable, scalable, and well-tested software. You want to work in a highly-collaborative, pair programming, and Agile-all-the-time environment. You love learning new technologies, languages, and tools. You enjoy mentoring others and sharing your expertise.
Bachelor's + 8+ years of relevant industry experience including build automation, system administration, and configuration management.
Experience in a public cloud environments: GCP
Experience with Kubernetes
Experience with Serverless technologies like cloud functions or sparc
Experience running Linux in a containerized build environment
Familiarity with the Java ecosystem and running JVM services in a container
At Broadcom Enterprise Software Division we Rally Agile Lifecycle Management enable companies and all their contributors to morph their organization into places where transparency, trust and innovation results into their customer being successful.
We believe that radically transforming the way software is built and delivered is pretty exciting stuff, and we are looking for people to join the fun.
Experience in PostGres, Oracle, Mongo, Kafka
Familiarity with one or more of the following: Ansible managing GCP resources, Jenkins, Bash,and Python
Familiarity with Prometheus, Elasticsearch, and Splunk
Strong written and oral communication skills
What makes me an extra-good fit?
You thrive in a highly collaborative, Agile, pair-programming kind of culture where you are always learning and teaching
You show passion with a side project you have worked on
Why would I love to build Rally Software at Broadcom?
Influence - We are a small team. You are empowered to help us succeed.
Location - Broomfield, Colorado - 300+ days of sun, mountains, skiing, and biking.
Pace - Sustainable and flexible work/life balance.
Career - Support for attending conferences, writing books, blogging, and speaking.
Camaraderie - We take walks, have quarterly celebrations, and play games to give our brains a break.
Collaboration - Our team works closely together using pairing, Scrum, and Kanban; enabling us to learn from everyone's experience.
Additional Job Description:
- This base salary range for this position is $85,200 - $142,000 annually.
- This position is also eligible for a discretionary annual bonus in accordance with the relevant plan documents and equity in accordance with equity award agreements.
- Broadcom offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits package including but not limited to the following: Medical, dental and vision plans, 401(K) participation including company matching, Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), company paid holidays, paid sick leave and vacation time. The company follows all national and state requirements for Paid Family Leave and other leaves of absence.
- The foregoing information is provided in compliance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act and is the company's good faith and reasonable estimate of the compensation range and benefits offered for this position. The compensation offered to the successful applicant may vary based on factors including experience, skills, education, location, and other job-related reasons.
Broadcom is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability status, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. We will also consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records consistent with local law.
If you are located outside USA, please be sure to fill out a home address as this will be used for future correspondence.