Location : REMOTE
Headquarters : United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Developer
Experience : Mid Level
- Are you the type of person who loves finding solutions to problems? Do you get excited with complex challenges, with fast deadlines? If so, Orases may have the opportunity for you! We didn’t invent a new software language that is considered ‘cutting edge technology’ but we did create our own kick-butt development framework on top of Cake PHP (and who doesn’t like cake?) that we build everything on.
- We are growing and we are picky because we have a really great team and will take time to find the RIGHT Front End Developer. Once we find the right fit from both sides, we are prepared to bring you aboard. Our ‘team-spirit’ can sometimes be cheesy but hey, we like each other and if we hire you, it means we think you are a good fit for our culture, so you’ll get used to it.
- We really like having fun together; we have catered lunches, happy hours, fun company excursions, band equipment, and much more, because we believe that as long as we work hard, we should play hard too! You might even get your desk pranked while you’re on vacation or get your very own character drawn on the chalkboard walls.
- On the back end, we code mostly in CakePHP, using MVC patterns and MySQL. This position will mostly involve working on the front end, but knowing your way around PHP and Object-Oriented Programming is a requirement in order to assist with designing our APIs when needed. If you're solid there, then you’ll have no problem getting up to speed.
- Make sure that you can Git your Webpack to TreeShake when you are ready to apply, since you'll need those skills too.
- We have flexible work hours and rarely ever work overtime; we want you to have a life outside of work. Our developers are ‘self-motivated’ and ‘self-directed’ but that doesn’t mean that we don’t have processes; it just means that you will have ownership and accountability for what you do.
- Our developers are intelligent and curious; our team members want to learn and grow. If this all sounds like YOU, and you meet the qualifications below, we would love to hear from you!
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 6+ Years Internet development industry experience
- Angular, React or Vue.js + Vuex, or similar JS framework
- PHP MVC Frameworks (Cake PHP preferred)
- API Design, JWT tokens
- Authentication using JWT
- Version Control (Git)
- Excellent knowledge of front end performance
- This is a full-time position and can be remote. We are currently accepting applications from candidates that are authorized to work in the USA and are within the Eastern time zone (east of the Mississippi) so that you are available during our clients office hours.
- At Orases, it’s our mission to make the world more efficient. That means we seek to partner with purpose-driven brands and organizations — those who strive to positively change their industry or community.
- What’s it like to work at Orases? Simply put, we work with purpose, passion, and a lot of heart. Our values guide the way that we work with clients and with each other. We are one team that delivers quality solutions. We are a community of self starters, committed to results. And above all else, we are excellent human beings.
- Orases aims to create a diverse and inclusive environment where every team member feels comfortable bringing their true self to work and is committed to making the world a better place.