Senior Software Engineer - Depots
Location : Pune, Maharashtra
Headquarters : Denmark
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Developer
Experience : Senior Level
- Build new and enhance existing supply chain management capabilities
- Simplify our portfolio technology stack by untangling dependencies
- Evolving architecture by removing excessive component responsibilities
- Bake in stability & resilience features
- Gracefuly retire legacy applications
- An exciting and attractive career in an ambitious and competitive environment with the possibility of continuous professional and personal development. Maersk Technology offers a fast paced, challenging and truly international atmosphere with activities in Denmark, United Kingdom, USA, Spain and India. The environment is dynamic with focus on high performance, results, and respect for our employees.
- This is an extremely exciting time to join a new dynamic team and solve some of the toughest problems in the industry and build the future of trade & logistics. Maersk’s Technology organization offers a unique opportunity to impact global trade via the largest container shipping company in the world. We focus on our people and the right candidate will have broad possibilities to further develop competencies in an environment characterized by change and continuous progress.
- This position offers a unique opportunity to develop and apply your cutting-edge knowledge and passion of software engineering, data and data science that will transform the transport and logistics industry. As a Senior Industrial Embedded Engineer with Maersk, , you would be senior member of development team leading the design and development of digitization solution for our assets. You will be part of the community of engineering practitioners across the company, where we develop the foundations of our future business.
- We operate in a fast-paced environment utilizing modern IoT and cloud technologies and bias toward action.
- We value customer outcomes and are passionate about using technology to solve problems.
- We are a diverse team with colleagues from different backgrounds and cultures
- We offer the freedom, and responsibility, to shape the setup and the processes we use in our community
- We support continuous learning, including through conferences, workshops and meetups.
- You will be exposed to a wide and interesting range of business challenges through regular engagement with key stakeholders across all management levels within Maersk. And you would be encouraged to lead solution, architecture, design and development.
- You will join a wider team of currently 100+ highly skilled employees spread across India, UK and Denmark.
- The Maersk culture is built on heritage, sustained through innovative thinking, and prided for the level of trust it has earned throughout the years. Without our employees, none of this would be possible. For over a century, Maersk has been doing business in industries where trust means everything. The secret behind Maersk’s reputation as a credible and valuable business partner is its people. In every business unit, in every office around the world, Maersk has always been driven by a strong team spirit, and an even stronger sense of pride. At Maersk, every employee is empowered to achieve and surpass their potential, while remaining focused on creating lasting business relationships and long-term, sustainable success.
Maersk is a highly international and inspiring environment with an attractive value proposition for its employees. As part of ensuring a successful work-life balance we promote flexible work-hours and the possibility to work from home when convenient.
- Work within engineering teams and contribute in delivering quality products on time and continuously retire technical debt
- Technically analyze business requirements and be able to convert them into software solutions.
- Work on complete end to end software development/implementation with adequate unit testing and monitoring.
- Able to troubleshoot technical challenges in software designs and any production incidents that may arise for delivered business solutions.
- Follow DevOps and be able to make any configuration changes to support necessary deployments for business deliverables.
- Participates in building, supporting and operating software in a DevOps model
- Making more productive, effective and efficient business deliverables possible by working closely and in collaboration with the team.
- Coach team members to be more productive, effective and efficient by showing the way
We are looking for
- Hands on experience in developing scalable, resilient, secure and quality engineering products; preferably in logistics space
- Strong belief and demonstrated ability to iterate and evolve architecture
- A solid understanding of cloud native architectures
- Strong opinions loosely held
- Experience with building and managing microservices through its life cycle (versioning, backward compatibility)
- Experience with cloud platforms(Azure/AWS/GCP); preferably in Azure
- Comfortable with Agile / DevOps practices and tools
- Exposure to distributed caching, failure detection algorithms & application failover strategies is desirable. Experience with building self-healing, automatic fault detection and recovery mechanisms is good to have.
- Masters Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or alternatively Bachelor's Degree or higher in an IT related discipline.
- A great team player and a strong collaborator
- Excellent English verbal and written communication is a must
Programming Languages/ UI Frameworks
C# 8.0, Java
Angular, ReactJs, Vue.js
Delegates & events, Generics, Exception Handling, Memory Handling – garbage collection
Deep rooted understanding of object oriented thinking
Tools / Framework
.Net Core 3.1
.Net Core API
Java Persistence API
Maven or Gradle
RDBMS (SQLServer 2017,2019, Postgresql, MySQL)
NoSQL (document oriented e.g. cosmos db, mongodb)
Used Azure (Logic App, Function App, Gateway, Azure AD, App Service, Azure service bus, eventgrid, Azure ARM/Terraform deployment)
CI / CD pipelines on AzureDevOps or Jenkins
Eclipse/Intellij / VSCode / VisualStudio, SSMS, GIT, JIRA, Confluence, GIT