Module Lead Embedded Software Engineer -TDM & OTN Testing
Location : Gurgaon, Haryana
Headquarters : Hanover, Maryland, United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Embedded Software Engineer
Experience : Mid Level
Since 1992, Ciena has been driven by a relentless pursuit of network innovation. We believe in a network that grows smarter, more agile, and more responsive every day. This means that when you digitally interact in your world - picking up the phone, streaming video, texting a friend or loved one – your interactions are being enabled by Ciena technologies. Ciena makes your social / entertainment / business existence REAL.
Candidate will be responsible for integration testing of PTS & POTS platform and releases. Testing will include understanding of platform, features, generating test plans, execution of of tests and automation of test cases for regression.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understand - platforms and features to test, supported feature requirements
- Develop test plan, review the plan with design and execute the test cases on corresponding releases.
- Understand automation framework and automate the test cases
- Verify the automated suites and run the suites for regression & sanity
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study
- Hands on Experience in TDM & OTN technologies : Functional, System, Performance and Scale
Hands-on experience needed for the following :
- Testing Experience in TDM & Optical Domain including SONET/SDH, DWDM, TDM Synchronizing Principles, OTN (G.709)
- Good working experience with Network technologies (TDM, MPLS, Ethernet & Optical)
- Good working knowledge of OTN Standards including OTN G.709 , G.7710..etc..
- Experience in TDM/OTN traffic generators is essential – ONT/VIAVI, EXFO, Tberd, IXIA(IxNetwork/IxExplorer)
- Automation experience in TCL or Python
- Understanding of L2/L3 & MPLS technology with exposure in routing & switching is good to have i.e. OSPF,ISIS ,MPLS, RSVP.
- Experience in both Manual and Automated testing environments is required
- Understanding of Waterfall & Agile models of development