Software Engineer I
Location : Mission, KS 66202
Headquarters : United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Developer
Experience : Mid Level
Primary Location: 5700 Broadmoor St, Mission, KS, USA
Division: Cox Automotive
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Requisition Number: 213432
Vin Solutions, a Cox Automotive brand, is seeking a Software Engineer I with experience in native mobile iOS development to join our Mission, KS team full-time. The primary responsibilities are building, maintaining and improving native applications and their dedicated RESTful services, and helping mature our mobile development practice.
- Architect, design, develop and document iOS features and applications
- Act as a technical member of a scrum team and actively participate in the project planning, sprint planning, daily scrum, and sprint review
- Experience writing and debugging RESTful services
- Develop, implement and maintain unit tests
- Drive projects to completion by collaborating with peers to overcome blockers
- Contribute to multiple codebases by helping to identify areas of improvement and to establish common design patterns
- Influence product direction in the mobile CRM workflows and features
- Provide thought leadership on mobile development excellence and best practices
- Help develop other software engineers by participating in code reviews, sharing knowledge and mentoring junior engineers
- Stay current with the evolution of mobile technologies and trends
- Develop proof of concepts for new and innovative ideas
- 0-2 years of professional software development experience primarily within iOS preferred
- BS in Computer Science or related degree, or equivalent work experience
- Passion for code quality, usability
- Solid problem-solving abilities, coding, testing and debugging skills
- A high-energy, confident and self-motivated individual who is not afraid to learn and challenge the status quo
- Ability to turn high-level requirements into a working system through iterative development
- An effective communicator with strong interpersonal and facilitation skills
Who We Are
About Cox Automotive
There's nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We've been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. Were also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. Were looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope youll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individuals age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.