Business Partner IS&T - Borates & Lithium
Location : Boron, CA 93596
Headquarters : London
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Experience : Mid Level
Business Partner IS&T – Borates & Lithium
- Great opportunity to work for a global company at the forefront of mining.
- Excellent work environment where people are valued and respected
- Role based in Boron CA USA.
About the role
All progress begins with pioneers. At Rio Tinto, it begins with you.
We are looking for a Business Partner IS&T – Borates & Lithium to partner with the Borates & Lithium business and lead the Boron, CA, site-based IT team. The leader is accountable for supporting and partnering with the Borates and Lithium business in meeting the business priorities and opportunities.
This role is a great opportunity to engage key business stakeholders of the Boron mine site and supporting facilities in Wilmington CA and Europe to identify business and technology-enabled opportunities that supports delivery of business strategy and drives value. An existing innovative digital programme is in place, but there is plenty of improvement opportunity to evolve the IT systems to support a highly performant and resilient digital business. Reporting to the Chief Advisor IS&T Americas & EMEA, your responsibilities will include:
- Bring strategic partnering skills to define the required IT business capabilities to deliver the required business outcomes for the Borates & Lithium business whilst supporting the delivery of the IS&T global strategy.
- Shape business and technology-enabled opportunities that support delivery of business strategy and drive value.
- Maximize the value/benefits from the technology already in place and advise on the use of new technology as required.
- Jointly with all stakeholders, prioritize the IT project portfolio based on risk and value
- Effective integration and collaboration with enterprise architecture, cyber security. project delivery and enterprise IT operations.
- Responsible for the local IT operations (network, servers & storage, communications, digital device management, production applications & site support) ensuring team practices follow ITIL4 and are fully in compliance and supportive of global IS&T processes and policies.
- Accountable for the site IT risk register and disaster recovery plan for the site and coordinates the activities should the plan be activated.
- Maintain compliance with the different Group-wide and IS&T standards.
It would be beneficial if you also had:
- Bachelor's degree in information systems, engineering or related discipline, or equivalent and extensive related project experience;
- Management experience in one or more of the following areas: business transformation and optimization, planning, production/operations leadership, business relationship management and business process management.
- Experience in leading multidiscipline, high-performance teams, and collaborating in a matrix functional support model
- Experience developing and monitoring delivery of efficient and effective solutions to diverse and complex business problems.
- A passion for technology
- ITIL v4
What we offer
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority
- A competitive salary package with annual cash incentive awards for eligible employees
- Career development & education assistance to further your ambitions
- Access top tier family-friendly health and medical programs and pension plan
- Wellbeing benefits
- Generous Rio Tinto employee share program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Ongoing individual wellbeing support for you and your family for personal and professional matter
- Leave for all of life’s reasons (vacation/annual, paid parental, sick leave)