Python Test Automation Engineer, Senior
Location : Bengaluru, Karnataka
Headquarters : Lincolnshire, Illinois, United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Experience : Mid Level
- Lead the test and design, develop, debug, and test automated tests and test infrastructure in a quality manner consistent with company and departmental standards and procedures.
- Document designs and software, update preexisting documentation, as appropriate, with context, data flow and/or state diagrams, structure and flow charts, pseudocode, and source statement commentary.
- Test products under specified and/or reasonable conditions under which it may operate.
- Work with engineers in Firmware, Software, Electrical and Mechanical groups to test and debug features and improvements.
- Keep abreast of developments in the field of test, software languages, techniques, methods and mentor junior members of the team.
- Investigate problems and recommend solutions. Implement any required corrective action.
- Advise and assist developers in the design or modification of firmware.
- Accurately estimate time to complete tasks. Upon accepting the estimates of others, complete the task to schedule in a timely manner
- Provides information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing development and service issues.
- Accomplishes engineering and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Supports junior software test engineers by providing advice, coaching and educational opportunities.
- Preferred Education: Bachelor's degree required. Master's degree preferred
- Preferred Work Experience (years): Bachelor’s 5+ years of experience.
- Interest and knowledge of embedded software test, embedded software and Software tool development are highly desired.
- Must be proficient in Python, Android development, Scripting, Tool development, or C, and have experience with Microsoft Office products.
- Familiarity with various communication protocols, various processors, and printer test.
- Skills in OOD, Design patterns, Structured design, Design Documentation, Debugging Techniques are desired.
- Familiarity with flowcharting concepts desired.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English.