Location : Bengaluru, Karnataka
Headquarters : Switzerland
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Experience : Mid Level
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
ABB Global Industries and Services Private Limited (GISPL) is a company which has 4 business areas to support ABB projects globally. We have 2000 employees as a part of this company serving in the areas of Research, Development, Engineering center and Regional ERP support center which contributes to ABB's 4 business areas globally. In 2015 the company name was registered as ABB Global Industries and Services Private Limited (GISPL).
ABB Industrial Automation is writing the future of safe and smart operations. With our deep industry knowledge and automation expertise, we understand the needs of our customers and enable them to lead through safer, more productive, and energy efficient operations.
This is a Research and Development (R&D) role, reporting to the Team Manager in Business Area – Industrial Automation (IA) and located in Bangalore. You will be will be responsible for the security and network robustness assessment of embedded devices and host based industrial software, security assessments of web application, API’s and mobile applications, threat analysis of the ABB products from security point of view and in-depth analysis of results and writing technical reports and also be responsible for evaluating security methodologies relevant for the organization.
- Testing of embedded devices and host based industrial software’s, web applications, API’s and Mobile Apps.
- Providing suggestion/fixes for improvement to device/software development teams.
- Evaluating of new testing methodologies relevant for the organization.
- Testing Wi-Fi and Bluetooth devices for security vulnerabilities.
- Researching on testing security of protocols, interfaces and technologies used for communication to cloud based platforms and API Security.
- Creating new test methodologies.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- B.E/ B. Tech in Computer Science/ Electronics engineering with 2-4 years of working experience in security domain.
- M. Tech in Cyber Security or Networking with CGPA of 6.5 and above.
- In depth knowledge of TCP/IP networking and application protocols concepts (knowledge of control communication protocols and technologies is a major plus).
- Understanding of software exploitation and common vulnerabilities.
- Good understanding of port scanning, vulnerability assessment and fuzzing tools is a plus.
- Strong knowledge in analysis of web applications, scanning and vulnerability assessment reporting.
- Good knowledge of the HTTP protocol, and all other protocols associated with web technologies.
- Fair understanding of OWASP Top 10 & SANS 25 Vulnerabilities and their mitigations.
- Good knowledge on Mobile app and APIs (REST, SOAP) security testing.
- Proficient with one of the scripting languages such as shell, python, ruby etc. is an added advantage.
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
It has come to our attention that the name of ABB is being used for asking candidates to make payments for job opportunities (interviews, offers). Please be advised that ABB makes no such requests. All our open positions are made available on our career portal for all fitting the criteria to apply.
ABB does not charge any fee whatsoever for recruitment process. Please do not make payments to any individuals / entities in connection to recruitment with ABB, even if it is claimed that the money is refundable. ABB is not liable for such transactions.
For current open positions you can visit our career website https://global.abb/group/en/careers and apply. Please refer to detailed recruitment fraud caution notice using the link https://global.abb/group/en/careers/how-to-apply/fraud-warning