Sr. MEMS and Sensor Validation Engineer
Location : Chandler, AZ
Headquarters : Netherland
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Experience : Senior Level
NXP Semiconductors N.V. (NASDAQ: NXPI) enables secure connections and infrastructure for a smarter world, advancing solutions that make lives easier, better, and safer. As the world leader in secure connectivity solutions for embedded applications, NXP is driving innovation in the automotive, industrial & IoT, mobile, and communication infrastructure markets. Built on more than 60 years of combined experience and expertise, the company has over 29,000 employees in more than 30 countries and posted revenue of $8.88 billion in 2019.
Scope of Responsibilities/Expectations
The MEMS and Sensor Validation Engineer will lead the product design validation activities required for the development of the new Sensor Automotive, Consumer and Industrial products.
- Defining a MEMS and System validation plan coordinating with the project team
- Developing the required software and hardware for the sensor validation, including schematics and layout.
- Providing validation support to internal MEMS research and development efforts, and
- Coordinating the release of the new validation platform, generating correlation samples and characterizing prototypes.
The MEMS and System Validation Engineer must be hands-on, provide technical leadership and solutions to execute the product design validation and communicate the status with management and key Customers as necessary.
- The ideal candidate will possess the following behaviors and/or characteristics: Team oriented, self-motivated, proactive, positive thinking, data driven, high technical skills, strong documentation, organization and communication skills, flexible, customer sensitive, goal oriented, problem solver. Project and team-leadership skills.
- Minimum of MSEE with 2+ years of experience or BSEE with 4+ years of experience in Semiconductor Products Validation or MEMS Validation.
- PCB schematic and layout experience.
- Understanding of circuit design and testing methods for analog, mixed signal, and digital circuits.
- Experience with software development (LabVIEW, Python, Visual Basic), FPGA’s and Microcontrollers.
- Skills in statistics and statistical software (JMP, Minitab), data analysis and reporting.
- Prior product experience with Sensor Systems/MEMS knowledge is a strong plus.
NXP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer regardless of age, color, national origin, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, status as a disabled veteran and/or veteran of the Vietnam Era or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, NXP will provide reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified disabled individuals.