IoT Software Development Engineer
Location : Pune, Maharashtra
Headquarters : Netherland
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Developer
Experience : Mid Level
In this role, you have the opportunity to work closely together with the manufacturing and engineering organizations in Royal Philips as well as external clients to improve manufacturing processes equipment by implementing Industrial IoT solutions. We are looking for an experienced software development engineer, who is eager to gain and expand knowledge on Azure cloud and IoT.
By working both within Philips as well as with external medical and high-tech companies, we keep our expertise at the highest level.
You are responsible for
- Provide, based on (reference) architecture definition, the software solution for Industrial IoT
- Designing, coding, documenting, testing (automated), maintaining and deploying high quality working software
- Supporting the building of SW develop competences of the team, supporting DevOps in deploying software
- Acting as technical coach of the team by coaching junior software developers. Proactively sharing knowledge across teams. Sets quality goals and development practices with the team
- Continuously expanding the technical expertise of dedicated core competences.
You are a part of Philips Innovation Services, and within the department of Manufacturing Systems & Industry 4.0, we know that customized manufacturing processes create competitive edge and we create the bridge from idea to market for each innovation journey. Do you have an idea that can change the world? Turning your brilliant ideas into working innovations that make life better is our drive and our deliverable. You will be working in a young and growing team of IoT experts, where you will be engaged in multiple projects at once.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor or master’s degree in computer science, mechanical or electrical engineering
- Minimum 5 years of software development engineering experience; must be strong and have experience in the area of .Net/C#
- Eager to expand knowledge on azure cloud and IoT
- Act as a C# specialist and stay on top of its newest technologies
- Experience in (Azure) DevOps, Linux.
- Experience in working in virtual project teams
- Strong communicator (writing & speech).
- Fluent in English. German or Dutch is preferred
- Good understanding of IoT Sensor/ Gateway/ Communication networking concepts
- Interest and understanding of manufacturing, in particular manufacturing equipment and processes
- Experience with integrating operation technology (OT) with enterprise IT landscape
- Experience with Docker containers
- Experience with Azure Cloud development (certified as Azure Developer Associate or Azure IoT Developer Specialty)
In return, we offer you a challenging, innovative environment with great opportunities for you to explore. Our benefits are very competitive and designed around your preferences.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 2.5 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there,you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.