Senior Engineer - OSS
Location : Bengaluru, Karnataka
Headquarters : Sweden
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Developer
Experience : Senior Level
Come, and be where it begins.
Our Exciting Opportunity:
SME Position is a role function of troubleshooting of servers and applications along with upgrade and maintenance tasks.
- We believe in trust – we trust each other to do the right things!
- We believe in taking decisions as close to the product and technical expertise as possible.
- We believe in creativity – trying new things and learning from our mistakes.
- We believe in sharing our insights and helping one another to build an even better user plane.
- We truly believe in happiness; we enjoy and feel passionate about what we do and value each other’s technical competence deeply.
You will be responsible for:
- Project Activity & Support (New design review/FOA/Gate2)
- Supporting Vendor Escalations
- Supporting Emergency tickets (MSO) to ensure NW issues fixed.
- Call Out Support during the OOH
- Managing the RISK assessments to ensure quality of NW.
- Problem management support to resolve and fix repeat faults
- Preparing MOP/FTF documentations
- Handling Complex Incident/Long pending issue support
- Provide the internal and Externals to a KSS
- Handling Adhoc request from CPM’s and Customer.
- Proactive audits to ensure the good server availability
- Doing Ticket quality audits to ensure quality of NW.
- Support vendors for server upgrades.
- Perform the capacity management of servers.
- Attending Customer Meetings/ Vendor meetings/ Internal meetings to discuss and share the challenges and support request
- Supporting Change Implementation to improve the NW quality.
- Involving and supporting Focus areas to improve the CSI.
- Working knowledge on these NEMS (U2000, SOEM, SIAE VNMS, ENM, ENIQ, LSMR, SYNCGEM, NEC MS5000, TELLABS etc.)
To be successful in the role you must have:
- Linux Knowledge
- Technical and/or functional skills: IT and/ or Telecom domain
- Good on Spread Sheet, Presentation Software
- Language skills: Excellent spoken and written English.
- Values and behaviors: Ethical as well as Tactful.
- University Degree
- 5-8 years of experience in OSS
What´s in it for you?
Here at Ericsson, our culture is built on over a century of daring decisions. With us, you will no longer be dreaming of what the future holds – you will be redefining it. You won’t develop for the status quo, but will build what replaces it. Joining us is a way to move your career in any direction you want; with hundreds of career opportunities in locations all over the world, in a place where co-creation and collaboration are embedded into the walls. You will find yourself in a speak-up environment where empathy and humanness serve as cornerstones for how we work, and where work-life balance is a priority. Welcome to an inclusive, global company where your opportunity to make an impact is endless.
What happens once you apply?
To prepare yourself for next steps, please explore here: https://www.ericsson.com/en/careers/job-opportunities/hiring-process
Do you believe that an organization fostering an environment of cooperation and collaboration to execute with speed creates better business value? Do you value a culture of humanness, where fact based decisions are important and our people are encouraged to speak up? Do you believe that diverse, inclusive teams drive performance and innovation? At Ericsson, we do.
We provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, religion, political opinion, nationality, ethnic background, social origin, social status, indigenous status, disability, age, union membership or employee representation and any other characteristic protected by local law or Ericsson’s Code of Business Ethics.