Software Engineer- Embedded Linux
Location : Hyderabad, Telangana
Headquarters : United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Embedded Software Engineer
Experience : Mid Level
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $30 billion and approximately 70,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
About Team: Providing best in class product development services to Thermo Fisher Scientific Global Business Units, is one of the core functions of the India Engineering Center (IEC). This Global Research and Development Center, established in 2009, is in Banjara Hills, Hyderabad, with over 150 employees. We are a team committed to develop innovative and cutting edge technologically advanced products ranging from laboratory equipment, analytical instruments, remote monitoring solutions, chromatography and mass spectrometry. We are proud of the work that we do at the India Engineering Center thereby fulfilling our mission of making the world a healthier, cleaner and safer place.
For more information, explore the opportunities in IEC at our career page today
Role Purpose Summary:
You will join a dynamic team of software developers to develop software modules on Embedded Linux or TI RTOS platforms primarily using C++ programming language to control, manage and drive advanced Mass Spectrometry instrument software and their workflows. Develop device drivers, instrument control modules, control and drive robotic interfaces to the instruments. Responsible for design, development, implementation and unit testing of embedded software. The software controls various systems and devices like RF generators, motors, pumps, heaters, and other peripherals for processing of samples and generating analytical data.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Responsible for design, development, implementation and unit testing of Embedded Linux firmware for mass spectrometer products
- Work with global software team members to deliver complete and high-quality instrument control software applications to schedule and specification
- Captures requirements & derive technical specifications to be implemented. Provides estimates on planning of these requirements.
- Clearly articulates test cases with pass criteria. Performs testing, documents test results, reviews the test data & analyses failures interdependently with root cause and counter measures to fix the issues
- Leverages peer review & communicates openly to find options to simplify tasks. Adopt platform strategy and practice standard design rules/patterns
- Constant learner to become a Subject Matter Expert.
Candidate Educational & Professional Experience Requirement:
- Master’s or bachelor’s degree in Engineering with electronics / Computer Science with 5 to 8 years of experience in relevant software industry.
Competency RequirementsAware of different controllers & clearly understands critical architectures.
- Able to independently write complex C++ & C programs.
- Experience in application development and Linux device driver development in kernel mode
- Experience with Uboot, Buildroot or Yocto is required
- Experience in Board bring up and OS porting is a plus
- Very good with data structures, design patterns, object-oriented design and algorithms used in programming.
- Very strong with network programming using TCP/IP, USB interfaces, Serial interfaces.
- Experienced in various bus interfaces like CAN, SPI and I2C.
- Self-driven, creative and can work independently to drive timely closure on projects/activities with high quality.
- Clearly understands different options & utilizes optimization techniques
- Can define infra needs & clearly knows deployment schemes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to review and evaluate code and writings of others.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com