Entry Level Systems Security Engineer
Location : Seattle, WA
Headquarters : United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Experience : Entry Level
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing Commercial Airplanes is seeking an Entry Level Aviation Product Cybersecurity Engineer to join our team. The successful candidate will work with analysts to develop airplane level security assessment. The ideal candidate will have knowledge of cyber security concepts and techniques including network architecture, embedded systems security and PKI infrastructure.
Applies an interdisciplinary, collaborative approach to assist with analyses, design, development and verification of a lifecycle balanced system of systems and system solutions. Assists with analyses to evaluates customer/operational needs to define system performance requirements, integrate technical parameters and assure compatibility of all physical, functional and program interfaces. Assists with various analyses to optimize total system of systems and/or system architecture. Assists with analyses for affordability, safety, reliability, maintainability, testability, human systems integration, survivability, vulnerability, susceptibility, system security, regulatory, certification, product assurance and other specialties quality factors into a preferred configuration to ensure mission success.
Duties will include but not limited to:
- Work on Advanced Security Features development of new concepts and technology that apply to commercial aviation products (including machine learning, deep learning & artificial intelligence).
- Assess risks, threats and vulnerabilities of the product assets and production systems in accordance with accepted industry, professional, and government standards to ensure security design integrity, availability, confidentiality, and regulatory compliance.
- Develop security requirements and coordinate with different systems stakeholders.
- Perform requirements verification on system security engineering products using inspection, analysis, demonstration, and test methods.
- Coordinate with security testers to validate coverage and impacts to analysis.
- Support airplane certification through coordination with FAA and Authorized Representatives.
- Provide technical data and develop documentation in accordance with requirements and system security engineering processes and procedures for internal reference and external delivery.
Basic (Required) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, cybersecurity or computer science.
- Experience or coursework related to cyber security concepts and techniques
Preferred (Desired) Qualifications:
- Experience or coursework of security network architecture, embedded systems security and PKI infrastructure
Typical Education & Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience. In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Other Relevant Information and Requirements:
- The position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “U.S. Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “U.S. Person” includes U.S. Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
- This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
- This is a union-represented position. In locations where SPEEA representation applies, this job family will be covered by the terms of the collective bargaining agreement. Applicable and appropriate educational/certification credentials from an accredited institution and/or equivalent experience is required.
- This position is on 1st shift.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.