Engineer Software Development
Location : Hadapsar, Pune, Maharashtra
Headquarters : Ireland
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Developer
Experience : Mid Level
If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun. We are looking forward to Engineering based in Pune, India. In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals. This exciting role offers opportunity to:
Position’s main focus will be Software development for Electrical Controls products part of Industrial Control and Protection Division CAP-ICPD. Enrich & foster climate of innovation to drive growth & accelerate capability development. This includes:
- Leads product development & technology innovation by understanding product requirements, design & develop feature enhancements and implementation of world class high performance enterprise grade software applications for electrical products using technologies like Windows Forms, WPF, C#, Rest API
- Leads Project, process, and overall technical execution on software activities of product development.
- Collaborate with global product engineering team and perform software development activities during project execution.
- Performs technical reviews and detailed design reviews
- Engage in architecting and developing, C# .Net/Windows Forms based applications.
- Take lead in Build management, change management, and configuration management tools like JIRA/bamboo/Bit Bucket/SVN etc.
- Suggest and develop re-usable components and looks for continuous improvement opportunities in Electrical industrial control products. Share knowledge within the team and demonstrate flexibility working in parallel on multiple products.
- Develop an understanding of both technology and product concepts and articulate product and software Architecture. Ensure quality of delivery in accordance with the plan adhering to the standard practices used in agile/waterfall model.
- Experience in code reviews with team members for modules/tasks and ensuring that best practices and efficient coding standards are adhered to
- Hands-on expertise in Microsoft Windows Forms, WPF, C#, Rest API based software applications.
- Hands-on experience in writing Unit Tests using NUnit / Moq / etc.
- Basic Knowledge of CODESYS.
- Experience working with industrial devices (PLC).
- Basic knowledge of Inno script, Batch script.
- Good to have: Angular, .net core
- Optional: Knowledge of Ethernet based industrial fieldbuses (EtherCAT/Ethernet-IP/Modbus)
- Experience in working in Agile Team
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, particularly with respect to written and oral communication, including the ability to explain technical concepts.
- Sound Knowledge and experience with process frameworks (e.g. CMMI) including requirements management, defect tracking, build management, change management, and configuration management tools
- Excellent communications skills. A high degree of aptitude, creativity is required.
- B.E. Computer Science / Electronics & Telecommmunications/ MCA
- 3 to 5 years
- C# .NET, Python, Windows Forms, WPF
- Creating business proposals, creativity, excellent interpersonal communication skills
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only