Senior Embedded Software Integration Engineer
Location : Bengaluru, Karnataka
Headquarters : Sweden
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Embedded Software Engineer
Experience : Senior Level
Bangalore Embedded Electronic Systems department is a division of Global Core EES at Volvo Construction Equipment. We design the Software solutions of the current and future machines with the purpose of making them more efficient and environmentally friendly.
Senior Embedded Software Integration Engineer Role Description!
Your job is delivering amazing SW solutions that delight customers. The main goal of the senior embedded software integration engineer is to manage and perform integration of software components for electronic control units to realize complete application software. You will Design, implement, integrate and test software application solutions for Volvo CE products. You are always looking for ways to improve a product or service to make it better, faster and more user friendly. You will also Support and guide ESW engineers.
You would make significant contribution to Machine SW applications joining a team of highly skilled and well organized software development and verification team located in India and at times also located in other Technology sites within Volvo CE Sweden, Germany, France, etc.
The position holder will report to Group Manager, Software Development Group.
Main Tasks/ Responsibilities / Authorities:
- Follow the process and guidelines of embedded software integration.
- To track and receive deliveries of developed software components.
- If needed, follow up on external deliveries like CSP, machine test feedback, etc.
- Integrate software components allocated to one/more ECU together with the CSP.
- Technical communication to stake holders regarding questions of integrations.
- Establish and maintain build scripts for target platforms including CANoe/CANalyzer (where applicable).
- Identify and configure tasks, communication, executable, memories, I/O etc. during integration to fulfill all requirements of an ECU.
- Configure the ECU platform according to the non-functional requirements
(e.g. signal database, Debug components, etc.).
- The real-time behavior of the integrated ECU.
- Measure and communicate usage of critical ECU hardware resources such as Flash, RAM and CPU usage.
- Perform basic test of integrated software on hardware.
- Assist the Embedded Software Development Leader with technical integration results intended for release notes.
- Participate in Cross functional regular meetings
- Participate in Meetings with Product platforms and Product / system Owners
- Software Integration and Design of E2E modules.
- Lead in resolving machine/VnV testing findings
- Deliver software to internal/external stakeholders (CPM’s, PME’s, VnV & TnPO )
- Deep knowledge in C Programming, C++ programming, embedded software development, and real time behavior.
- Deep knowledge in the ECU configuration and integration tools.
- Knowledge in development environment.
- Knowledge in ECU system (e.g. diagnostics protocols).
1. Education/Professional Qualifications required for the position:
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science/Electrical/ Electronic Engineering
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Supportive and collaborative attitude
- An active leader with ability to create unity and focus on result.
- Experience working with global teams desirable.
- Good knowledge of the applications of software platforms in Volvo CE products.
- Good analytical skills and Quick learner
- Have a pragmatic and generalistic approach to technical solutions.
ARE WE THE PERFECT MATCH?
If this sounds interesting (we really hope it does – we love our jobs!) just send in your application and we will be thrilled to start getting to know you.
CURIOUS, AND WOULD LIKE TO KNOW MORE?
Do not hesitate to contact our manager: Kumar Mrinal, Group Manager, Software Development Group
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands - Volvo, Volvo Penta, Terex Trucks, SDLG, Renault Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, Mack, Eicher, Dongfeng Trucks and Arquus.
Volvo Construction Equipment is a global company driven by passion, curiosity and by our purpose: to build the world we want to live in. We believe that only through imagination and teamwork can we develop a world that is cleaner, smarter and more connected. Our company culture reflects this belief through the care and trust it places in our customers, employees and suppliers. People are at the heart of our business. It is through our strong network of talented, enquiring and innovative minds that we have been able to pave the way towards a more sustainable future. The global construction industry is our arena and our employees are our greatest assets.
We can only continue to stand out as industry leaders through the people driving us forwards. Come be a part of our team and help us build tomorrow.
Auto req ID
State / Province
Travel Required (maximum)
Last application date