Firmware Design Engineering Specialist
Location : REMOTE
Headquarters : United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Firmware Engineer
Experience : Mid Level
Firmware Design Engineering Specialist
Do you relish the prospect of working with cutting-edge energy products?
Do you want to be a part of a successful team?
Join our Digital Solutions Team
Our Digital Solutions business provides intelligent, connected technologies to monitor and control our energy extraction assets. We provide customers with the peace of mind needed to reliably and efficiently improve their operations. Our team designs real time systems for the condition monitoring of machines in the energy sector.
Partner with the best
As Firmware design engineer you will develop high performing, scaling and innovative end-to-end applications. You will collaborate with system engineers, product owners, subject matter experts and product stakeholders to create unique products. You will implement solutions that are aligned with our future and extend shared platforms and solutions.
As Firmware Design Engineer , you will be responsible for:Developing high performing, scaling and innovative end-to-end applications to create exceptional products for our business
- Participating in a group of developers as a member responsible for complex contributions as solution provider
- Involving in bug verification, release testing or beta support.
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have a Bachelor's Degree in a related field and demonstrate good, relevant, professional experience
- Have good knowledge and proficiency in C and C++ and preferably one other structured language (non-scripted)
- Experience with Real Time Operating System (RTOS) and time-critical software development
- Experience in developing software for RTOS and embedded applications
- Experience in device driver and BSP development
- Have knowledge of different processor technologies such as: ARM, PPC, LEON, OpenRISC, SoC processors
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Working remotely from home or any other work location (up to 2 days a week)
- Working reduced hours/days in a job share/split arrangement
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, weâ€™re committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and weâ€™re always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will energize and inspire you!
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.