Embedded Software Development Engineer I
Location : Bengaluru, Karnataka
Headquarters : United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Embedded Software Engineer
Experience : Mid Level
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science or related fields, or equivalent practical experience.
- 1+ years’ experience software development/engineering experience with C/C++ or a similar programming language.
- High level knowledge base of embedded system, data structures, algorithms, and object oriented design, databases and service-oriented architectures.
- We are looking for excellent engineers that epitomize technical and operational excellence – that can drive innovation and apply state-of-the-art technologies to solve real world challenges.
- As an Embedded Software Engineer within our team, you will engage with a skilled and accomplished cross-disciplinary staff to conceive and design innovative technologies. You will collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to drive key aspects of technology solution definition, execution and validation.
- Full cycle product development experience from inception through maturity is important. Working simultaneously on projects in different phases is common; you are able to demonstrate strong design and validation skills in addition to the understanding of mechanics of ongoing operational excellence and product support. You are responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment.
- You will work with technical leads to develop embedded systems through the entire product life cycle, from inception and road-map through design and into practice.
- You will design and implement robust firmware solutions for various embedded devices. Perform board bring-up, testing and troubleshooting.
- You will contribute to the IoT firmware architecture by developing, debugging, and delivering production grade firmware.
- You will conceive, document, and execute comprehensive design validation tests on firmware stack.
- You will develop subject matter expertise on IoT firmware solutions and relevant technologies to provide any firmware related support to colleagues and cross functional teams
- You might travel to the supplier and contract manufacturer sites world-wide to partner and collaborate on product development activities (10% - 20% travel).
- Master’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related fields, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in embedded C or C++ programming and firmware development.
- Experience with wired and wireless networking technologies including Ethernet, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi and wireless sensor networks.