Location : Toronto, ON
Headquarters : United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Experience : Mid Level
We are a Transformational Partners
We marry design and engineering language in ways that produce impactful and memorable experience journeys. We partner all the way to continuously improve our clients’ digital maturity. Our Studio network brings the optimal combination of skill, scale, and cost for each stage of the product development lifecycle. And to do this we need great transformational people that want to impact the projects and organizations that they work with.
We are looking for an exceptional Data Engineer to join our team. This role will be focused on making sure our work meets the highest level of quality. You will work closely with a talented team and are not afraid to iterate with strategy and are open to constructive criticism. You will help people to uncover new insights and fine-tune operations to meet business goals. Here is a bit more about how this position impacts our organization and the experience/skills to do it:
What We Do
- As a services company we get to work a wide range of projects from low level IoT projects and blockchain to apps, websites and backend services for household names (Reddit, Lululemon, Shell Oil, Starbucks, just to name a few).
- Work with team members all across the world and closely collaborate to ensure the things we work on are successful.
- Create amazing user experiences for our clients and for ourselves.
What We Provide
- Open culture, opportunity to work on exciting technology and learn new things.
- Extended health benefits, personal development budget and flexible work schedule.
What We Expect of You
- Apply broad knowledge of technology options, technology platforms, design techniques and approaches across the Data Engineering ecosystem to build systems that meet business needs
- Build systems and datasets using software engineering best practices, data management fundamentals, data storage principles, recent advances in distributed systems, and operational excellence best practices
- Analyze source systems, define underlying data sources and transformation requirements, design suitable data models and document the design/specifications
- Demonstrate passion for quality and productivity by use of efficient development techniques, standards and guidelines
- Effectively communicate with various teams and stakeholders, escalate technical and managerial issues at the right time and resolve conflicts
- Peer review work. Actively mentor other members of the team, improving their skills, their knowledge of our systems and their ability to get things done
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Expertise with Database technologies such as AWS Redshift, Oracle, Teradata, or others
- Expertise with Visualization platforms such as MicroStrategy and AWS Quicksight
- Ability to communicate effectively and work independently with little supervision to deliver on time quality products
- Expertise in SQL and programming languages such as python
- Willingness to learn, be open minded to new ideas and different opinions yet knowing when to stop, analyze, and reach a decision
- 3-5 years of hands on experience in working with data including but not limited to Data Warehouse (DWH) environment with data integration/ETL of large and complex data sets, Data modelling skills such as Star/Snowflake schema design for DWH, or building large scale data-processing systems with experience in Big Data technologies such as MapReduce, Hadoop, Spark, Kafka or AWS equivalents.
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or a related field
We are a thriving Community of top technology talent that is globally connected. We Engage, Make, Run and Evolve the technology that makes many brands that you know and love. So let’s take this journey together. No matter where you are on your digital career roadmap, we can help you grow and have fun doing it.
Cognizant Softvision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No 3rd Party Agency Candidates.
You must be legally authorized to work in Canada without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.