Software Development Engineer
Location : United States
Headquarters : United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Developer
Experience : Mid Level
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or 8+ years of equivalent professional or military experience
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- 1+ years of contributing to architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
The WWCI team is part of the Technology Engineering Services team, within the Technology Deployment Organization. The charter of the team is to identify defects and areas of improvement across a variety of globally deployed automation and robotic systems at Amazon Fulfillment network. The team owns internal software/hardware solutions on AWS for internal Amazon customers and are actively developing new products and services for these orgs.
The ideal candidate is passionate about software development and has a track record of leading design and implementation of new products and features. They should care about the user experience and be confident providing leadership on both back and front-end initiatives. The ability to mentor and lead a team to build well-architected software within a positive team environment are key to the role.
This role may include domestic travel up to 30%.
- English language fluency (written & verbal)
- Master’s degree or PHD in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related technical discipline
- 8+ years of professional experience as a Software Engineer, Developer or Control Systems/Embedded Engineer
- Demonstrated proficiency in multiple modern programming languages, such as Java, Javacript, C++/C#, or Python
- Demonstrated proficiency in multiple languages for real-time control systems such as microcontroller, PLC/IPC
- Demonstrated proficiency building software solutions that leverage AWS services (e.g. S3, DynamoDB, EC2, ECS, SNS, SQS, IoT, CloudFormation, ECS, Fargate, API Gateway, Cloudwatch, etc.)
- Demonstrated expertise in black box and grey box testing methodologies, experience with standard QA and development tools, and the ability to operate within short release cycles
- Experience communicating directly with users, software development teams, or management in order to share plans/vision or collect data (e.g. requirements) to drive product improvement
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical trials
- This role may include domestic travel up to 30%.
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $122,200 - $160,000 per year; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.