Senior Android Developer
Location : Boston, MA 02203 (or) REMOTE
Headquarters : United States"
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Developer
Experience : Senior Level
Savant Systems, Inc., is a true powerhouse delivering unmatched intelligent lighting and smart home solutions. Together, Savant and GE Lighting, a Savant company, offer a deep and diverse portfolio of bold and easy-to-use innovations across the retail and professional channels that are engineered for every home.
Savant, a recognized leader in home control and automation, is one of the fastest-growing smart home companies in the luxury and mid-markets. Its powerful Pro technology brings climate, lighting, entertainment, security and energy together in a single, award winning application interface for homeowners.
GE Lighting, a Savant company, has been at the forefront of every major lighting innovation, from the first light bulb to industry-first LED and smart solutions along with the world’s first voice-embedded lighting product. Today it leads the North American retail lighting market as the most trusted, recommended and likely to purchase brand.
Position can be located in Hyannis, MA or Remote
TOP REASONS TO WORK WITH US
- You enjoy working with other top-notch engineers to tackle fun and challenging problems every day.
- You want to work on cutting edge apps that control real world devices.
- You want to be a valued member of a team that has a high regard for your thinking and creativity.
- You like making a difference developing solutions to enable smarter, greener, living.
- You have a penchant for tech gadgets, IOT, and great UI/UX.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Creating new user interfaces for the latest home automation and control solutions using modern Android development practices
- Collaborating with designers and backend engineers to build great user experiences throughout our platform.
WHAT YOU NEED FOR THIS POSITION
- 3+ years of Android app development experience
- Strong familiarity with Kotlin and advanced language features
- Reactive programming with RxJava or Kotlin Flow/Channels
- Network communication through REST APIs, WebSockets
- Use of Android Architecture Components and knowledge of MVVM/MVI/MVP patterns
- Understanding of revision control with Git
- Persistence and passion for solving challenging problems that you may not know the answers to right away
- Independence and self-motivation, ability to tackle projects with loose constraints
- Attention to detail when it comes to matching design specifications and writing clean idiomatic code
NICE TO HAVES
- Knowledge of Linux and customizing AOSP
- Experience with MvRx library
- Automated testing experience
WHATS IN IT FOR YOU?
- Competitive base salary, generous benefits package and 401(k) match.
- Strong benefits package including robust and affordable health plan options – Savant's employer contribution rates put us in the top 5% of an elite group of employers who generously cover health care cost for our employees!
- Use of cool home automation gear in your home as part of our alpha program.
- Chance to develop your skillset in a fast-paced and unique environment.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
GE Lighting, a Savant Company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), gender (including gender identity, gender nonconformity and status as a transgender or transsexual individual), age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, citizenship, genetic information, domestic violence victim status, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
GE Lighting, a Savant Company does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Savant and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.