User Assistance Developer / Technical Writer
Location : Bengaluru, Karnataka
Headquarters : Germany
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Developer
Experience : Mid Level
Requisition ID: 276462
Work Area: Software-Design and Development
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
SAP Intelligent Asset Management solutions enable digital transformation of asset management using asset data, machine learning and real-time data from IoT-enabled smart assets to bring intelligence to the maintenance of equipment and plants for our customers.
You will be working in a cross-functional team of talented, supportive, and motivated colleagues, following agile methodologies and industry best practices.
As a UA Developer in the team, some key expectations are
- Deliver user assistance assets that enable users to deploy, administer, and use SAP software
- Develop a deep understanding of the software and target audience
- Own delivery of your product deliverables and ensure transparency by providing estimates and managing milestones within a given release
- Ensure content delivered is aligned with the relevant documentation standards, guidelines, and content architecture
- Engage with development, product management, customer support, UX outline, and other SAP teams to create a world-class information experience for the user
- Contribute to user assistance projects and initiatives for continuous innovation Experience
- Manage the life-cycle of Cloud UA deliverables from concept through creation to delivery and ensure a harmonized set of UA deliverables across industry projects
- Create various documentation and end-user assets, from how-to guides to business scenario documents, interactive recordings or videos
- 4 - 8 years of experience as a User Assistance Developer. / Technical Writer
- Proven track record in creating various formats of UA assets (e.g. documentation, recordings, videos) with 5 plus years of experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to manage priorities, and a proactive approach to resolving problems and delivering results
- Good comprehension of complex topics and ability to translate them into simple, easy-to-understand assets
- Profound understanding of SAP internal and external tools as well as processes for the creation of UA material
- Experience with MS Office and excellent written and spoken English
- Capable of effectively working with multiple stakeholders in cross-cultural, global teams
- Experience working with DITA CMS
- Basic organizational and project management skills
- Experience creating e-learning solutions is a plus
- Strong copy and developmental editing skills
What you get from us
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP'S Diversity Commitment
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.