Supervisor, GIS Maps and Records
Location : Hicksville, NY
Headquarters : United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Experience : Mid Level
National Grid is hiring a Supervisor, GIS Maps and Records for our Gas Business Controls department in Hicksville, NY.
Every day we deliver safe and secure energy to homes, communities, and businesses. We are there
- when people need us the most. We connect people to the energy they need for the lives they live. The
- pace of change in society and our industry is accelerating and our expertise and track record puts us in
- an unparalleled position to shape the sustainable future of our industry.
- To be successful we must anticipate the needs of our customers, reducing the cost of energy delivery
- today and pioneering the flexible energy systems of tomorrow. This requires us to deliver on our promises and always look for new opportunities to grow, both ourselves and our business.
To be responsible for the daily supervision and organization of employees, providing front line leadership for the collection of data and input of Long Island mapping.
Position Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Direct supervision of company and vendor personnel including bargaining unit staff involved in the collection and input of mapping data. Assuring a safe work culture, driving performance, coaching, mentoring, training and overall development of the workforce
- Execute instructions and requests, plan and organize resources and make appropriate arrangements to ensure that work is carried out efficiently and in line with relevant policies and processes
- Maintain safety as highest priority by promoting our safety goals and procedures, which includes regular safety and observation audits
- Understand and promote cost savings measures to ensure cost center stays within specified budget
- Generate, develop and update necessary reports for the department and other management personnel. Other priorities as directed by the Manager
- Excellent communications in the area of active listening and clear and precise presentations
- Management skills encouraging group participation and diversity of thought; planning, scheduling, and coordinating projects and budget requirements; growth oriented, personal and team development focused
- Bachelor's degree in GIS or an engineering discipline preferred
- 3+ years of gas supervisory experience required
- Knowledge of GIS systems required
- Valid driver’s license required
- This position has a career path which provides for advancement opportunities within and across
- bands as you develop and evolve in the position; gaining experience, expertise and acquiring
- and applying technical skills. Internal candidates will be assessed and provided offers against
- the minimum qualifications of this role and their individual experience.
- National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.