Location : New York, NY
Headquarters : New York, New York, United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Experience : Mid Level
(date when the selected candidate is expected to start)
Instructions to Applicants: Click on the "Apply now" button. Input your information in the appropriate Sections: personal information, language proficiency, education, resume and motivation. Upon completion of the first page, please hit "submit application" tab at the end of the page. Please ensure that CV or P11 and the Cover letter are combined in one file.
Personal CV or P11, indicating all past positions held and their main underlying functions, their durations (month/year), the qualifications, as well as the contact details (email and telephone number) of the Candidate, and at least three (3) the most recent professional references of previous supervisors. References may also include peers.
A cover letter (maximum length: 1 page) indicating why the candidate considers him-/herself to be suitable for the position.
Managers may ask (ad hoc) for any other materials relevant to pre-assessing the relevance of their experience, such as reports, presentations, publications, campaigns or other materials.
- UNDP will cover the cost of travel of the individual to the duty station, as well as their return to their home upon completion of their services. Travel costs are covered only in the event that the function will be undertaken physically in the duty station and excludes working from home arrangements.
- Offical travel to GFCR priority countries might be required as determined by the workplan of the Fund Secretariat. However, this is dependent on the changing narture of the current pandemic as to if and when travel will be required.
The Global Team is an independent structure under the Global Fund for Coral Reef Executive Board and administratively hosted by the UN Multi Partner Trust Fund Office (MPTFO). While hosted within the MPTFO, the Global Team will work closely with relevant focal points of the Participating UN Organizations (UNDP, UNEP, UNCDF) and the Investment asset management team.
The Global Team directly supports the GFCR Executive Board and manages the day-to-day management and operation of the Fund. The Global Team has management, technical, and operational expertise, and one of its primary roles is to develop the Fund investment plans and manage approval of project or programme proposals in accordance with financial decisions made by the GFCR Executive Board and in open collaboration with the Investment Window partners. The Global Team guarantees that successful innovative blended solutions are developed in accordance with agreed-upon objectives and criteria specified in the Terms of Reference and criteria specified in the Standard Operations Manual.
The Coordination Analyst will report to the Head of the GFCR Fund Secretariat.
Duties and Responsibilities
Scope of Work
The Coordination Analyst will provide the following functions:
- Supports the GFCR Executive Board meetings; including the Executive Board agenda, invitation, Executive Board decisions and communications;
- Drafts supportive documentation, technical notes, speeches and similar;
- Prepares communication decisions to the concerned implementers/stakeholders, in close cooperation with grant and investment window partners;
- Keeps track of and manages all relevant files in a single share drive or online tools available to all members of the Executive Board;
- Maintains the Fund Operations Manual and project templates for proposals and provides operational guidelines to implementers;
- Participates in the development of financing agreements with Non-UN partners as required;
- Supports the due diligence of implementing partners (HACT);
- Monitors the risk management information and updates the Fund Risk Mitigation Strategy;
- Manages contacts database and mailing lists;
- Carries out administrative tasks as needed.
Leadership: Generates commitment, excitement and excellence in others
- Actively shares knowledge.
Communication and relationship management: Synthesizes information to communicate independent analysis
- Communicates ideas and positions with command and confidence;
- Finds common ground to solve problems.
Innovation: Adept with complex concepts and challenges convention purposefully
- Contributes to prototyping, piloting, and evaluating lessons / feedback.
People Management: Models independent thinking and action
- Demonstrates behaviors of teamwork, collaboration, knowledge sharing, maintaining relationships.
Delivery: Meets goals and quality criteria for delivery of products or services.
- Embraces complex challenges and opportunities for getting work done;
- Ability to embrace challenges with minimal supervision;
- Works to develop organizational awareness of UNDP’s approach to client service delivery and integrity and accountability.
Technical Abilities: Apply and Adapt
- Contributes skills and knowledge with demonstrated ability to advance innovation and continuous improvement, in professional area of expertise.
In-depth and up-to-date knowledge and understanding of the UN system and the mandates of constituent agencies, including with UN corporate standards and language requirements.
Required Skills and experience
Min. Academic Education
Master’s Degree (or equivalent) in Non Profit Management, Public Administration, International Relations and/or other relevant field.
Min. years of relevant Work experience
At least 2 (two) years of relevant experience working in the Blue Economy sector or in Environmental, Climate or Marine Conservation initiatives at national or international level. This experience should include programme management in innovative public/private partnership initiatives or field-based conservation organizations.
Desired additional skills and competencies
Prior experience with Innovative UN financial mechanisms;
Prior experience in Marine Protective Areas co-management mechanisms;
Previous experience in UNDP and/or another UN entity;
Excellent knowledge of information technology;
Excellent communication and writing skills.
Required Language(s) (at working level)
A strong command of English is essential.
Knowledge of other UN official languages will be considered an asset.