Sales Engineer / Field Applications - Embedded SW for HMI/UI (EMEA)
Location : REMOTE
Headquarters : Colorado Springs, CO 80903
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Sales/Marketing Executive
Experience : Mid Level
Who we are:
- Altia is a software platform that enables automotive and IoT manufacturers to get easy-to-use, compelling, Graphical User Interfaces (GUIs) on any embedded hardware. By providing powerful, professional-grade embedded GUI development tools, we help creative, customer-focused designers and software engineers worldwide efficiently deploy amazing user interfaces. Automotive, medical, industrial and consumer electronics companies rely on Altia's best-in-class software and services to get their GUIs into production. Check us out at www.Altia.com.
Who we want:
- The successful candidate will be a motivated self-starter, who is highly skilled in customer relations and technical communications. The ability to effectively present solutions to embedded system problems, while confidently influencing and encouraging customer toward acceptance of proposed solutions, is key.
- This position is based in Europe and will require employment through our European GmbH. Regular travel of at least 20% and up to 50% of time within the region, and much less frequently internationally (including USA, Japan, China, India, etc.) is to be expected. Due to required communications with Altia HQ (Colorado, USA), this position will require availability outside of regular business hours.
Primary Responsibilities:Assist the sales team in increasing sales in the region through:
Pre-sales solution architecture for new HMI project opportunities in Automotive, Medical, and Industrial applications
HMI design and model development work for sales demos, proof of concept projects, and paid services projects
General customer support for South Korean customers
Facilitation of better communication between Altia HQ and customers within the region
- Additional responsibilities include post-sales training and solution integration work involving Altia products and Altia generated code.
Required Education, Experience and Competencies:
Bachelors degree or higher in Electrical Engineering (preferred), Computer Engineering or Computer Science
5 years experience in embedded programming and development
5 years experience with direct customer interaction, in a sales support, direct sales or field application engineering role
Strong verbal and written English communication skills with the ability to present technical and business content accurately
Ability to effectively collaborate with team and internal/external customers through email and in-person interactions
Ability to confidently present technical information to an audience in a clear, concise, and understandable manner
Experience with embedded (micro controller, no RTOS, etc.) software, embedded display programming, device or screen-based user interface design
Experience working directly with customers to solve embedded systems problems
Strong knowledge of C programming
Familiarity with embedded development technologies and tool chains (GreenHills, IAR, etc.)
Experience with programming devices without an operating system, or with very limited O/S
Knowledge of programming interrupt service routines in embedded micro-controllers
Desired Additional Experience:
Other object-oriented programming experience
3D or other graphics design/deployment experience
Culture / Environment:
- Altia is currently in a period of strong, consistent growth, and we expect to aggressively accelerate that growth for the next 5 years and beyond. We have an exceptionally talented and highly invested team who is focused on our continued success and maintenance of our noteworthy company culture. We pride ourselves in our high ethical standards and employee morale. We build based on a foundation of respect. We generously partner within our communities to support economic growth and accessible education for all, knowing that providing avenues toward careers in technology can end the cycle of poverty. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect, free of discrimination and harassment, where equal employment opportunity is available to all applicants and teammates. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Company Global Headquarters: Altia, Inc. - Colorado Springs, CO USA
Company European Entity / Office: Altia Europe GmbH Frankfurt, Germany
Position Location: GmbH or Remote Home Office in Europe
Reporting Relationship: Reports to Director, Global Sales Engineering