Sr Software Engineer
Location : Bengaluru, Karnataka
Headquarters : United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Developer
Experience : Senior Level
What do we do @ Ruckus?
Ruckus is a Business Unit within Commscope, focused on delivering cutting edge solutions to enable our customers to communicate effectively and reliably, in real time, across the world. At the heart of global connectivity are the engineers who write innovative software for our award-winning routing and switching products to bring the information quickly and reliably where needed.
We built the 2019 CRN Product of the year – ICX 7850
According to CRN, “CommScope’s Ruckus ICX 7850 switch line is bringing more Gigabit throughput from the core to the edge of the network. The Ruckus ICX 7850 switches provide high-density aggregation with up to 100 Gigabit Ethernet as businesses continue their multi-Gigabit network growth”
Commscope Ruckus ICX team is now re-defining switching architecture and design with a move towards state sharing architecture and platform independent software that can run efficiently on multicore CPUs and on multiple networking ASICs.
What will you do as Software Engineer/Sr Software Engineer at Ruckus?
Your core responsibility it to develop and deliver cutting edge technology for Ruckus’s customers. In the process of writing code and delivering new enterprise campus platforms and features, you will contribute to the whole life cycle including:
- Understand the design and architecture of the next gen ICX OS
- Write awesome code
- Unit test through white box testing and code coverage of modules coded
- Train support community on features that you built
- Support customers in the field for technical issues
What do you need for this role?
Aptitude & attitude is most of what you need to be successful. Following qualifications will help:
- Strong fundamentals in Computer Science or Information science and engineering.
- Thorough understanding of data structures, and real time embedded systems
- Solid understanding of computer networking.
- Fluency in C programming language.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, programming and trouble shooting skills required
- Working experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Experience in OSI layers, TCP/IP protocols and socket programming.
- Active working experience in any of the forwarding areas viz VLAN, MAC, FDB, RSPAN, L2 multicast
- Active working experience in any one of the protocol areas like flavors of STP, LACP, MVRP, MRP, VSRP, OAM, CFM and MCT, IGMP, IGMP snooping and MLD.
- Exposure to any of packet processors in switching and routing space like Broadcom or Marvell a big plus.
- Hand on experience with linux based software development.
- Good understanding of OS concepts like tasks, inter task communications, message queues, mutex’s and semaphores
- Proficient in software development tools (GDB), source code control environment (Git, Jenkins).
- Good communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Thrive in a team environment
- 2 to 8 years of related industry experience developing system software using ‘C’ on Linux
Start-up mind-set - Ruckus engineering team is a very proud pack with a never-say-die attitude, delivering bleeding edge technology, and winning against fierce competition.
Learning - The best way to learn is to surround yourself with people smarter than yourself. A stellar engineering team like ours is just what you may have been looking for, to expand your horizons.
Innovation - Innovating and out-innovating our competition is what keeps us going. We take pride in out-doing our competitors and being the first on the technology front.
Flexibility - Our engineering team enjoys the most flexibility in working hours as we believe in judging by contribution and not by hours.