This job posting has expired
Program Manager, Made For Google
Location : Mountain View, CA
Headquarters : Mountain View, CA
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Manager
Experience : Mid Level
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in Hardware or Software Engineering.
- Experience with Linux, Python, USB Type C, USB Power Delivery, USB Type C Audio, RF Design, and/or IOT.
- Consumer electronic hardware experience, ideally with some experience in the accessories industry.
- Deadline and detail-oriented. Exceptional problem-solving, negotiation, and organizational skills
- Proven ability to work as part of a fast-paced team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, analytical, and interpersonal skills. Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with a diverse range of people and job functions.
A problem isn’t truly solved until it’s solved for all. That’s why Googlers build products that help create opportunities for everyone, whether down the street or across the globe. As a Program Manager at Google, you’ll lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects from start to finish — working with stakeholders to plan requirements, manage project schedules, identify risks, and communicate clearly with cross-functional partners across the company. Your projects will often span offices, time zones, and hemispheres. It's your job to coordinate the players and keep them up to date on progress and deadlines.
Our goal is to build a Google that looks like the world around us — and we want Googlers to stay and grow when they join us. As part of our efforts to build a Google for everyone, we build diversity, equity, and inclusion into our work and we aim to cultivate a sense of belonging throughout the company.
The Made for Google team is to partner with accessory brands to deliver a rich ecosystem of accessories to compliment Google’s hardware. Google Goods team is looking for a Technical Program Manager or Program Manager to help schedule and test Made For Google products for compatibility with Google hardware. You will also support the Made By Google Team where applicable for testing needs.
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Our Devices & Services team combines the best of Google AI, Software, and Hardware to create radically helpful experiences for users. We research, design, and develop new technologies and hardware to make our user's interaction with computing faster, seamless, and more powerful. Whether finding new ways to capture and sense the world around us, advancing form factors, or improving interaction methods, the Devices & Services team is making people's lives better through technology.
- Perform testing on Made for Google 3P accessories, create test reports and analyze test results, work with Google engineering on root cause/corrective action for 3P Partners products, support testing on 1P accessories where needed
- Work with partners on product sample availability for pre-testing and certification testing, lead cross-functional communication between Google engineering and external partners.
- Understand technical issues and drive them to closure by bringing together key stakeholders for decision making.
- Inventory and manage all Google hardware devices for testing, and pick up / deliver samples as needed to partners or internal teams (eg: audio testing, etc)
- Manage lab schedule for partner testing, manage all visiting partners for access, lab tours and badges, and provide any supplemental testing of 1P products to help deliver a great experience to the user.