This job posting has expired
AWS IoT UX Researcher
Location : Seattle, WA
Headquarters : United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Experience : Mid Level
- 3+ years proven success leading User Research projects with demonstrated impact.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Centered Design, Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology, or similar.
- Experience with end-to-end aspects of research (study design, test creation, recruiting, moderation, analysis, reporting)
- Hands-on experience in: field research, ethnography, lab-based user testing, remote testing, paper prototype testing, iterative prototype testing, concept testing, and survey design
- Experience working in a highly agile/scrum environment.
Imagine a world where connected devices and data are ubiquitous. What problems would you solve if you knew the state of everything in the world? Would you improve honey production, reduce hunger, or help build fleets of cars, all digitally? We leverage emerging and state-of-the-art technologies to create innovative products that make it easier for customers to connect, diagnose, troubleshoot, visualize, and share their IoT data. This user researcher will significantly impact business as they contribute to the research direction for multiple AWS IoT products, services, and platforms.
You will work collaboratively with a cross-functional team of UX designers, researchers, product managers, design technologists and developers to explore, create and refine ways in which our customers connect, manage and optimize millions of everyday devices. You will contribute to the product roadmap, drive future concepts, and deliver improvements to AWS’ suite of industry-leading applications.
Collaboration and product ownership is essential. You are a great communicator, and can align with the IoT customer experience team and stakeholder input. You can work with ambiguity and deliver designs that elevate the AWS customer experience as a whole.
This position will conduct and share formative and evaluative research insights to different product teams. You will develop and execute a strategic program of research, working with cross-functional teams of UX designers, researchers, product managers, business leaders and software engineers to explore, create and refine ways our customers use AWS IoT technology for their business. The ideal candidate will have practice and understanding of a variety of user research methods and best practices, but also have a nimble, creative and pragmatic approach.
We care about your career growth too. Once you join the team, you and your manager craft a career plan and you'll review it regularly to ensure you're on track to meet your goals. Whether your goals are to explore new technologies, take on bigger opportunities, or get to the next level, we'll help you get there. Our business is growing fast and our people will grow with it.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Mentorship & Career Growth
We care about your career growth too. Once you join the team, you and your manager will jointly craft a career plan and you'll review it regularly to ensure you're on track to meet your goals. Whether your goals are to explore new technologies, take on bigger opportunities, or get to the next level, we'll help you get there. Our business is growing fast and our people will grow with it.
It’s not about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
- MS or PhD in Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology, Human Centered Design, Human-computer interaction, or other related discipline.
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal, and analytical skills; an ability to communicate complex technical concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences.
- A desire to quickly get up to speed on technically complex systems, while still maintaining a human-centered research approach.
- The ability to self-organize, self-motivate, work autonomously, and multi-task in a fast-paced environment without compromising quality.
- Understanding and working with ambiguity; showing strong decision-making skills and best practice
- A strong desire to work closely with cross functional teams while amplifying the impact and value of embedded user research.
- Build a research road-map; communicate and refresh on regular basis to ensure relevancy.
- Identify best methods or mix of experimental methods based on research questions, timeline, and resourcing.
- Work with research operations, not excluding, recruit and schedule usability participants for research studies.