Innovation Intern - GROWMARK, Inc. - Bloomington, IL
GROWMARK is a regional cooperative with annual sales of $8.5 billion providing agronomy, energy, facility planning, and logistics products and services, as well as grain marketing and risk management services in more than 40 states and Ontario, Canada. GROWMARK is ranked fourth on the NCB Co-op 100 listing of the nation’s 100 highest revenue-earning cooperative businesses. GROWMARK owns the FS trademark, which is used by affiliated member cooperatives. GROWMARK is large enough to offer solid career opportunities, but small enough to provide a family-oriented, welcoming environment and great benefits.
See what it's like to work at GROWMARK: https://youtu.be/CSVMnKCySsY
We are looking for passionate students with a desire to work with the latest emerging technologies in web development, Internet of Things (IoT), artificial intelligence, machine learning, and automation to name a few. As part of the innovation team, our intern will research and develop a project that would contribute to our overall corporate strategic goals that directly impact our innovation initiatives. This internship is a partnership between GROWMARK, Inc. and the Illinois State University School of Information Technology.
Purpose and summary statement
Trains and assists an internal innovation team in researching, analyzing, and developing business solutions utilizing cutting-edge technologies.
Essential job Functions
- Web development and/or analytical programming skills
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Ability to work effectively with a team
- Ability to organize and illustrate project management skills
- Follows GROWMARK’s Code of Conduct and Corporate Compliance Program, Environmental Health and Safety, OSHA and DOT policies and procedures, as they apply.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Must be pursuing an IT-related bachelor’s degree (includes Data Science, Analytics, Statistics, Mathematics, or Engineering) at Illinois State University and in good academic standing.
- Demonstrates strong organizational skills.
- Knowledge of project management practices is desired.
- Demonstrates essential abilities including business knowledge, collaboration, communication, customer focus, decision making and skill development.
- Ability and willingness to participate in required training that may include education on GROWMARK’s policies and procedures and additional training as it relates to the requirements of the position.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record.
- Must be able to travel independently and overnight when necessary.
We are an equal opportunity employer, including protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities. Employment may be contingent upon receipt of an acceptable and job-related background check, drug test, motor vehicle report, and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law.
Nearest Major Market: Bloomington IL
Nearest Secondary Market: Normal
Job Segment: Engineer, Scientific, Facilities, Project Manager, Engineering, Research, Operations, Technology