We are a global leader in the irrigation, outdoor lighting, dispensing technology, and custom manufacturing industries. Driving our continued success is the combined energy and talents of the nearly 3,500 people on our team. Together, we create a diverse array of products that can be seen all over the world, from residential landscapes to national landmarks, stadiums, parks, hotels, and municipal buildings. Although we’re global, we’re family owned, and our casual, fun, and caring company culture is what makes this a special place to work. As we grow, we are dedicated to preserving our unique culture that makes our employees proud to work here. Whether you’re pursuing a career at our headquarters in Southern California, or an opportunity at one of our state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities, or something somewhere in between, we look forward to welcoming you to Hunter Industries and our Family of Companies.
About this Role:
The AWS Solutions Architect is responsible for designing, delivering, and managing a secure, reliable infrastructure using Amazon Web Services (AWS) to support business application development and hosting, as well as, information services initiatives.
Demonstrates behavior consistent with the company’s values of Customer Satisfaction, Innovation, Family and Social Responsibility.
Essential Job Functions/Tasks:
1. Manages all components of our AWS environment, including Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), networking, storage, database, monitoring, traffic management, and automation tools. Designs, builds, maintains, and troubleshoots enterprise-class solutions to fulfill business needs. Advises on and implements AWS best practices.
2. Identifies and translates business and technical requirements into an architectural blueprint to achieve business objectives.
3. Identifies root cause of infrastructure issues and provides effective solutions within broad application and functional expertise.
4. Uses knowledge of DevOps, Agile development, pipeline delivery, and Infrastructure as Code (IaC) to support the organization’s software development teams. Contributes to the design and deployment of solutions, and assists with troubleshooting issues and challenges, including both on-premises and cloud-based architectures.
5. Develops and implements the disaster recovery strategy for the organization’s AWS solutions. Designs and implements redundancy throughout the solutions and minimizes impact from outages or other failures.
6. Ensures data is properly and securely backed up and regularly tests the ability to restore both data and functionality.
7. Ensures that all cloud solutions follow security, compliance controls, and conformance to company’s IT security standards.
8. Accepts responsibility for the security of our AWS environments, oversees roles and access rights, and implements monitoring for anomalies. Manages account configuration and reviews billing, recommends and implements cost-saving measures.
9. Collaborates with business partners, IS team members, and vendors to support projects and accomplish goals.
Other Job Functions:
Performs other related tasks as assigned, some of which may become essential to the position.
Hunter Industries’ approach to the health and safety of each employee is based on adherence to our Injury and Illness Prevention Program (IIPP). Every employee is responsible for their safety and must work safely at all times.
Employees are to immediately report all unsafe or hazardous conditions, including injuries and near misses to their Supervisor or the Risk Management department.
Those employees who do not comply with safe work practices may be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination.
Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent work experience.
AWS Professional Solutions Architect certification, or equivalent.
Minimum two years of experience supporting AWS environments, with an additional three years in a technical role.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA's):
KSA #1: Strong knowledge of the AWS components, their relationships and dependencies, configuration options, and best practices.
KSA #2: Strong analytical and problem-solving skills for troubleshooting performance and networking issues.
KSA #3: Ability to develop project plans, technical documentation, and written communications relative to field of expertise (i.e. white papers, standards documents, procedural documents).
KSA #4: Excellent customer service skills and ability to interact with members across the organization.
KSA #5: Strong understanding of computer systems, networking, operating systems, and Microsoft Office applications.
KSA #6: Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
KSA #7: Ability to provide technical support outside of regular business hours when necessary.
KSA #8: Ability to establish and maintain highly effective working relationships.
KSA #9: Ability to demonstrate initiative to learn new technologies and skills.
KSA #10: Ability to articulate new ideas and concepts to technical and non-technical audiences.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA's) Preferred:
KSA #12: Knowledge of the following: Server OS (Windows and Linux), network security, monitoring, logging, subnetting and routing, web services, DNS, DHCP, EC2, RDS/MySQL, S3, and storage lifecycle.
KSA #13: Knowledge of any of the following: Terraform, Consul, Kubernetes, Docker Swarm, Microservice architecture, AWS Cloud Formation, Python, Lambda, Puppet/Ansible, AWS IOT.
Ability to lift items weighing up to 50 pounds.
Ability to sit intermittently to use the computer, to perform paperwork activities, and to attend meetings in different buildings.
Intermittent standing and working to gain access to departments and areas within the facility.
Ability to climb stairs to gain access to upper level work area.
Finger dexterity sufficient to use a computer and to complete paperwork activities.
Visual acuity sufficient to use a computer and to read and complete written documents.
Hearing sufficient to communicate with individuals by telephone and in person.
Office setting and all areas of facility with temperature controls and carpet, tile or concrete floor surfaces.
Outside environment with exposure to seasonal elements. Wears safety equipment in designated areas.
Follow us on LinkedIn, check out our rave reviews on Glassdoor, and learn more about our company culture on our career site: http://corporate.hunterindustries.com/careers
Hunter Industries and its Family of Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other applicable legally protected status or characteristic.