This job posting has expired
Senior Manager, Computer Vision Development
Location : REMOTE
Headquarters : 137 Glasgow St., Suite 110 Kitchener, Ontario Canada N2G 4X8
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Manager
Experience : Senior Level
- Miovision provides cities with modern tools to fix today's traffic problems. We offer solutions that collect multimodal traffic data and uncover actionable insights, helping municipalities get more out of their road network. The result: streets capable of moving more people – safely and efficiently – whether they are in a car, on a bus, on a bike or e-scooter, or walking. Since 2005, our systems have counted more than nine billion vehicles around the world. We have offices in Kitchener, Canada as well as operations in Germany, Serbia, and the US. For more information, visit miovision.com.
- Miovision is looking for a Senior Software Development Manager with experience working with and/or managing a Computer Vision (CV) development team. Reporting to the VP of Software Engineering, you will play a critical role in guiding extremely talented people, honing development methodologies, planning resource allocation and team growth, and ultimately delivering quality products.
- Miovision has both hardware and software products to derive rich insights that help to optimize cities’ traffic networks. Our Computer Vision team builds the core vision capabilities that power our products. Success will rely on the CV team collaborating closely and effectively with all of Miovision’s engineering teams and product managers; you will lead this charge.
- This position is open to the successful candidate working remotely.
- setting goals, succession planning, emerging leadership, coaching, personal and professional growth - look for and recommend training and personal development opportunities for team members and yourself. Hold regular 1:1s & team meetings.
- high-quality development, predictable releases, roadmap planning & tracking including detailed plans for team staffing, budget, compensation, and contribution to product scope. Lead all aspects of the CV team's software development lifecycle, working to improve processes, practices, quality, and overall efficiency. Contribute ideas and foster innovation while supporting planned development. Report team progress and metrics.
- Work closely with product managers to ensure cross-team alignment, focus and delivery. Set and share ambitious high-level team goals, socializing development roadmaps, managing dependencies, and solving for the common good.
- Minimum of 7 years experience directly managing software development teams
- Experience managing or working with Computer Vision development teams; a background in developing machine learning / computer vision-based solutions would be ideal
- A genuine commitment to nurturing a team and growing individuals
- Demonstrated technical expertise and understanding of IoT and cloud platform development
- Strong leadership, consulting, communication, and conflict management skills to build consensus with project leaders and stakeholders.
- Strategic planning and decision analysis capabilities, emphasising quantitative or data-driven approaches.
- Proven project management and integration skills (certification is a bonus); ability to coordinate all aspects of a project or program.
- Opinions about the best tools and KPIs for tracking development, quality, etc.
- The majority of Miovision employees are continuing to work from home due to COVID-19 Public Health regulations. We have reopened our Canadian office but will continue to offer flexible onsite and remote work options.
- Comprehensive health benefits starting on day one
- RRSP Matching Plan
- We extend all three-day weekends to four-days and provide a Holiday Shutdown in December
- Virtual Healthcare Service providing employees and their families access to healthcare providers 24/7
- Internet subsidy and a remote work allowance
- Enhanced paternity and maternity leaves
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Virtual fitness classes
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Please indicate if you require accommodation on your application, and our team will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.