This job posting has expired
Senior Emerging Technology Developer
Location : London
Headquarters : Paris, France
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Developer
Experience : Senior Level
- Lead the emerging technology architecture and platforms for the delivery of new products, services and systems from inception through to beta
- Work as a leader and a technology coach in multi-disciplinary teams to design, prototype and build cutting-edge solutions and future concepts
- Communicate the value of new technologies to clients
- Deliver and ship quality code, in collaboration with our full-stack teams and potential ecosystem partners (start-ups, scale-ups, strategic alliances)
- Provide a technical voice at workshops, brainstorming sessions, experiments & design sprints with internal team members or with clients to define technology and platform visions and direction
- Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity
- Balance speed and quality, with a focus on tangible results
- Mentor junior developers - leading by example, driving best practices and coding standards
- You will have a passion for innovation and emerging technology and embrace working with new ideas and methods. You will be comfortable working in an ambitious, start-up style culture where you will play a part in our future strategy and growth.
- You should demonstrate an understanding and awareness of the value new technologies can bring, and be able to communicate this in engaging ways to technology partners, clients and internal stakeholders.
- You get excited solving business and technology challenges by working hand in hand with customers to deliver unique experiences.
- 4+ years experience in a similar engineering or innovation role
- Experience creating and building solutions in a digital, cloud native way, working with cloud native platforms (e.g. AWS, Google, Azure) and SaaS solutions
- A passion for new technologies and an awareness of new technology trends, with a desire to experiment and learn - turning trends into reality
- An understanding of emerging technologies such as AI, IoT or Immersive - any hands-on expertise of developing (e.g. with Python) or integrating these technologies to digital solutions is a plus
- A bias for action, creating proof points based on tangible experiments, prototypes or solutions
- A proven attention to detail
- The ability to break down complex solutions into a logical actions for the wider team
- A challenging, creative and supportive working environment is important to us. We’ve put a lot of thought into how we work, and how we grow and support our team. Our policies on inclusive behaviours, mental health and parental responsibilities, and more, are designed to work for our people. While we strive to be as inclusive and forward-thinking as humanly possible, we also know we can always do better. The point is, we’re keen to talk about and accommodate any need that helps you get good work done while enjoying a quality work-life balance.
- Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
- Whilst you will have London as an office base location, you must be fully flexible in terms of assignment location, as these roles may involve periods of time away from home at short notice.
- We offer a remuneration package which includes flexible benefits options for you to choose to suit your own personal circumstances and a variable element dependent grade and on company and personal performance.
- In order to commence a role with Capgemini UK plc you will be required to provide documentary proof prior to joining the Company that you are entitled to live and work in the UK.