This job posting has expired
Senior Software Engineer
Location : Bengaluru, Karnataka
Headquarters : Ireland
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Developer
Experience : Senior Level
- The future is being built today and Johnson Controls is making that future more productive, more secure and more sustainable. We are the leader in smart building technology. We are harnessing the power of cloud, data analytics, the Internet of Things (IoT), and user design thinking to deliver on the promise of intelligent buildings and smart cities that connect communities in ways that make people’s lives and the world better.
- The Digital Products Engineering Team owns the Smart Edge Platform. Data are analyzed and solutions crafted at the site where the data is generated.
- Join a new team creating a new product for the Open Blue Edge in RUST. Will you contribute your RUST skills to help ensure the highest level of safety and concurrency in our system?
- You will contribute on all areas of the stack of choice for a set of applications that impact our Digital Blue Twin. Our teams work simultaneously across multiple products and environments and possess a variety of skills sets and level of knowledge.
- We want your input through collaboration with the architects to ensure software is up-to-date and using the latest technologies, and we want you to share your expertise to improve software operations by conducting system analysis, recommending changes.
- Develop new programs and proof the current programs to develop needed changes to assure production of a quality product
- How you will do it
- Analyze current programs including performance, diagnosis and troubleshooting of problem programs, and crafting solutions to problematic programming
- Conduct system analysis and development, to keep our systems current with changing technologies
- Analyze, design, and coordinate the development of software systems to tackle information processing problems
- Four to seven years' of hands-on experience with modern programming, development in RUST a must
- Fair knowledge in Linux commands
- Strong knowledge of Object Oriented programming concepts (OOP)
- Experience with UML Design
- Hands on experience on scripting languages.
- Hands-on experience with Async methodologies
- Strong automation skills and familiar with the appropriate tools and scripting languages.
- Communication skill to articulate views/thoughts with team and partners or customers
- Knowledge of .NET Core, C# a plus
- Knowledge of container technologies a plus
- Knowledge of Linux internals a plus