This job posting has expired
Senior Software Engineer
Location : REMOTE
Headquarters : United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Developer
Experience : Senior Level
- We’re one of those hidden gems that’s been disrupting the market as a key player in the rapidly growing space of Adaptive DNS. We harness the power of DNS to provide secure, centralized network infrastructure to some of the world’s biggest brands and enterprises like Facebook, Apple, Dell, and SAP so that employees can access the computing resources they need, when they need it. After years of experience, we moved into the security market, leveraging that goldmine of DNS data to help organizations protect their internal networks.
- Right now you’re thinking ‘Great, so why is that interesting to me?’ Here’s why:
- BlueCat occupies an incredibly strategic and valuable real estate on corporate networks – the ‘first step’ taken when any device, application or service connects to a network. We literally own the intersection of digital business and cybersecurity – and that translates into incalculable opportunities for innovation and growth.
- The BlueCat Product team prides ourselves on being a diverse team with innovation at our core. The delivery of quality products is our mission. We strive to deliver by using agile methodologies; our team works to make an impact and are ready to tackle some of technology's greatest challenges. At BlueCat our core values are the foundation of our culture of fun, we win as a team and value employees who have the courage to act and to make an impact every day.
- BlueCat seeks a driven, results-oriented Software Engineer who, along with being a great Developer in their own right, enjoys collaborating with team members in building great products.
- In tightly-knit agile teams made of developers, architects, and product owners
- Using strong automated test coverage to allow us to ship our product continuously with the quality our customers expect
- Intelligently evolving our code base to meet the demands of customers and leverage the latest technology the Internet has to offer
- Experience solving problems using existing solutions whenever possible
- Elevate team members in an agile team environment through mentorship and coaching.
- Passion for working on a modern, cloud-based, data-driven product
- Grow and evolve our Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery practices
- Provide development implementation insights, pushing for excellence in reusability, scalability, reliability, and performance
- Knowledge of cloud-based architecture and application design using Amazon Web Services
- Balances technology advancement with product feature decisions
- Thinks of the delivery lifecycle from development to deployment
- Always looking for iterative improvements to our process and code base
- Always looking for personal and professional improvement
- Experience with any of the following is a strong asset: Containers, Cloud Platforms, Automated Testing Strategies, and Microservice Architecture
- Strong understanding of service level monitoring and management tools across the cloud environment.
- Experience building, monitoring, and managing cloud infrastructure and hosted instances.
- Ability to participate in technical standards development, audit remediation, architecture development and implementation.
- Advanced understanding of complex Linux environments and applications (Debian, CoreOs, CentOS, etc)
- Understanding of Infrastructure as Code and Automation of cloud infrastructure.
- Team player while functioning well with cross teams’ tasks with a can-do attitude.
- Bachelor's in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a closely related field
- 3+ years of solid commercial software development experience
- Strong software development skills and computer science fundamentals
- Comfortable working with large, complex codebases and understand the challenges around moving them forward
- Versatile development mindset with the ability and desire to pick up different languages, frameworks, and techniques
- Fundamental understanding of DNS, DHCP, and Networking
- A desire to work on a fast-moving Enterprise SaaS product
- Fast growth for BlueCat means fast growth for you! With the world’s biggest and hottest logos as our clients, we are a well-established business that still operates with the fun culture of a start-up. We get to work hard and still have all the fun without all the risk! Experienced leaders make sure we keep going to the moon and beyond.
- While we’re growing together, we’ll have your back with solid compensation/bonuses, education budgets, corporate discount for gym memberships for you and your family, daily discounted breakfasts and lunches catered from all over the city, record breaking sales quarters, team and company socials, choice of hardware, flexible hours, hackathons, and a company culture that values curiosity, clarity, collaboration, transparency and ownership. All this in a beautiful office in Toronto, with easy access to transit on the Yonge line.
- Joining BlueCat means you’ll be joining a company that’s been certified as a Great Place to Work for the fifth year in a row! In addition to that, we’ve been included in the 2020 lists for the Best Workplaces for Inclusion and Best Workplaces for Women.
- If you’re as excited about the future of our company as we are, we would love to hear from you!
- Accommodations will be provided throughout the recruitment, hiring and employment process in accordance with the AODA and the Ontario Human Rights Code.